Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

31 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

2.5x multiplier gets this to $335m. 3x multiplier gets it to $400m!

I'm thinking it'll do around $360m but $400m would be awesome. 

Why average legs? It strikes me as a movie that will hit at least 2.8x.

• Like 3

The legs on this can/should be great, but the final number depends on the dumbfucks at corporate AT&T and that moron who was leading HBOMax.  They will kill the legs if they toss this on HBOMax at 45 days.  Hopefully they are smart enough to wait until at least June 1st.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

The legs on this can/should be great, but the final number depends on the dumbfucks at corporate AT&T and that moron who was leading HBOMax.  They will kill the legs if they toss this on HBOMax at 45 days.  Hopefully they are smart enough to wait until at least June 1st.  

The Brazilian (or Latin American, I can't quite remember) Max socials have already started touting the April 17 date, so it's likely too late for that.

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Logan did 2.66 with similar WOM. Of course that had much stronger competition so this will likely be higher.

2.66 is great legs for a Wolverine film, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Yeah, corporations aren't gonna wait. I can't see a chance this does not come out on HBOMax after 45 days.

It's been proven that nothing's entirely official when it comes to streaming launches unless a concrete date is actually set and marketed. If this develops strong staying power (which seems possible with good word-of-mouth and a mostly clear schedule the next few weeks) I can see them holding off on the streaming launch.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's been proven that nothing's entirely official when it comes to streaming launches unless a concrete date is actually set and marketed. If this develops strong staying power (which seems possible with good word-of-mouth and a mostly clear schedule the next few weeks) I can see them holding off on the streaming launch.

Yeah we should definitely hope for common sense from the geniuses who day and dated every single 2021 movie and pissed off their partners and talents 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Is that mid April date not final? Disney was more cagey with Shang Chi and Eternals for example but it feels like WB has had actual marketing materials committing to mid April, not to mention Jason Kilar or whatever.

12 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Yeah we should definitely hope for common sense from the geniuses who day and dated every single 2021 movie and pissed off their partners and talents 

Yeah, don’t get why people rushing to  leave a place after 45 days to somewhere where he got to stay 45000 days there.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Sony revised NWH to 4.515M (-22%) 

2.065M (+92%) 

1.375M (-33%) 

with 15 days before the digital version is released, NWH has a tough task to get next 14 million. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Yeah, corporations aren't gonna wait. I can't see a chance this does not come out on HBOMax after 45 days.

Disney waited with Shang Chi and Eternals 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Even if they delay on US, latin america already set the date for April 17 so there will be a 4K link by then anyway