Tokugennumataka

Weekdays Thread (7-10 Mar 22) - Batman weekdays 10.82M, 10.77M, 8.46M, 8.45M

It’ll still pull in more this weekend than it would have if a certain studio hadn’t ‘Turned’ to television. 

At this point, whatever final number Batman gets domestically, it’ll be more than it maybe would have done in a pre-pandemic world. The competition is just non existent for an absurd amount of time really. 

18 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It’ll still pull in more this weekend than it would have if a certain studio hadn’t ‘Turned’ to television. 

At this point, whatever final number Batman gets domestically, it’ll be more than it maybe would have done in a pre-pandemic world. The competition is just non existent for an absurd amount of time really. 

Reminded me of Sep last yr where Shang Chi had 4 weekends to itself with Venom shifting back and forth..and then we had a crowded October. 😅😅

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Reminded me of Sep last yr where Shang Chi had 4 weekends to itself with Venom shifting back and forth..and then we had a crowded October. 😅😅

exactly. Competition plays such a huge part in what a major movie might end up with. We’ve only to look back at summer 2019 and the gargantauan numbers being put up, despite massive movies opening every weekend.  I remember saying back then that these films were just eating each other. Ironic to even think it now. 

• Like 1

Not quite sure where to put this. I guess here is as good a place as any since the weekend thread doesn’t exist, maybe I’ll cross post there when it does.   

Legion Weekend Forecast

Batman 55-63M (59M)

Uncharted 8.15M

Dog 5.25M

NWH 4.6M

Nile 2.3M

Sing 1.5M

Jackass 1.15M

Cyrano 510k

Scream 500k

Marry Me 330k

Couple of these are higher than I had last week, LOL

19 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$8.4m

I think regardless of our thoughts on The Batman, we can all agree that it will not have a Wednesday or Thursday to 2nd weekend multiplier lower than BvS which went way below expectations on weekend 2.

If the 8.4M holds, then taking BvS multiplier from Wednesday, The Batman's second weekend floor will be 53.4M for a 60% drop. Definitely possible that it gets past the 60M mark if the Friday and Saturday bumps are just 5% higher than BvS on both counts.

Glad I got the forecast in before the wed. My forecast was from 8.5.   

FWIW, 1st Th’s:

Joker -14% (vs 2.85M in previews) 

Logan -13% (vs 3.7M in previews)

Deadpool -7% (vs 1.25M in previews)

SC -15% (vs no previews)

CM +8% (???? (must have been a moviepass Th after nonmoviepass wed I guess))

18 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Glad I got the forecast in before the wed. My forecast was from 8.5.   

FWIW, 1st Th’s:

Joker -14% (vs 2.85M in previews) 

Logan -13% (vs 3.7M in previews)

Deadpool -7% (vs 1.25M in previews)

SC -15% (vs no previews)

CM +8% (???? (must have been a moviepass Th after nonmoviepass wed I guess))

I remember folk claiming the CM bump on Thursday was related to the AEG trailer featuring her

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

I remember folk claiming the CM bump on Thursday was related to the AEG trailer featuring her

Yeah I think you’re right. Here’s the thread if anyone wants to go diving for contemporaneous explanations 😛  

Yeah still thinking 55M+. Even looking at comps like Logan and CM second weekends strongly support a weekend around 54-57m . Let's see how the weekend goes.

Thinking 7.25-7.5m Thursday

Playing like Batb during the weekend gets it to 60-62m

Deadpool wind comp would be 52-53m but Friday increase is kind of muted and sun drop is steeper(-34) so about sub 30% drop on Sunday would even out to 53-54m.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

15 hours ago, AdrianL said:

NWH increased 43% last Tuesday, Uncharted 50%. Probably impact of no Tmobile deal. 

was last week deal only for Sony's films? Because i see other movies this week have got bigger jumps between. especially NWH has one of the smallest jump or is it just losing steam. 

• Like 1