Eric is Quiet

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

looks utterly terrible, but then so did the GVK trailer and the film turned out to be just about tolerable. Kind of a shame given I thought Monarch was really good. I've recently watched all the monsterverse films in order and monarch feels like a continuation of G2014 and Skull Island, whereas these two crossover films feel like a toy advert that's made by people who haven't watched the first two films.

Much better than the first trailer but Wingard's MV films ain't hitting me as hard as Skull Island/KOTM did. The whip building throw is something outta the PS2 Pipeworks games lol, i loved that.

I look forward to all the people who've seen 1-2 godzilla films whine and complain that this isn't like Minus One and how it's betraying the character and yadda yadda when it comes out.

Man I’m a huge Godzilla fan but the difference between this and -1 is absolutely insane. Not necessarily in a bad way… but it just shows all the different kind of stories Godzilla x Kong can have. 

28 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Man I’m a huge Godzilla fan but the difference between this and -1 is absolutely insane. Not necessarily in a bad way… but it just shows all the different kind of stories Godzilla x Kong can have. 

But thats what i personally love about the Godzilla franchise: If i feel like i want to watch a serious, thematically-rich movie with strong human characters, i watch Minus One, G54 or Shin (also shout-out to Godzilla against Mechagodzilla), but if i feel like i just want to turn my brain off and watch some monsters punch each other for 2 Hours, i get the newer Monsterverse movies or late Showa-era Godzilla movies.

I dont think there is any franchise out there where you can be so drastically different in tone and still most people would say: "Yep, thats appropriate for a Godzilla movie"

• Like 6

Horrendous piece of garbage. And not in the jokey "I'm so in" way. Just a joke that a film like this and a film like Minus One get to share the same property. Ugly, garish, nonsensical, weightless, stakeless nightmare. Fuck it. Fuck it to hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 5

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Horrendous piece of garbage. And not in the jokey "I'm so in" way. Just a joke that a film like this and a film like Minus One get to share the same property. Ugly, garish, nonsensical, weightless, stakeless nightmare. Fuck it. Fuck it to hell.

I didnt know this movie killed your dog

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I didnt know this movie killed your dog

You would have known if these movies had any sense of scale or tactile production values. Sadly it was just CGI gloop that took out Fido :(