Eric the IF

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

I can't stand that guy or his opinions

I cant stand them either, but out of curiosity what would be your rankings of the Monsterverse movies?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

not that interested in this but I am glad Dan Stevens is starring. Guy should have been a star.

Well, he at least he holds the world record for the quickest recovery from a debilitating spinal cord injury in Downton Abbey. (Less than one full episode.)

21 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I cant stand them either, but out of curiosity what would be your rankings of the Monsterverse movies?

I have trouble rating them against each other because they aim for such different things (G2014 scale, KONG: SKULL ISLAND fun, KOTM awe/wonder with the monsters, etc). I just split the series into two tiers quality-wise:

Tier A:

GODZILLA 2014

KONG: SKULL ISLAND

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Tier B:

GODZILLA VS. KONG

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

But I still enjoy the movies in Tier B, and obviously plenty of people like GVK more than KOTM so GxK is probably more their speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I have trouble rating them against each other because they aim for such different things (G2014 scale, KONG: SKULL ISLAND fun, KOTM awe/wonder with the monsters, etc). I just split the series into two tiers quality-wise:

Tier A:

GODZILLA 2014

KONG: SKULL ISLAND

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Tier B:

GODZILLA VS. KONG

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

But I still enjoy the movies in Tier B, and obviously plenty of people like GVK more than KOTM so GxK is probably more their speed.

So a not-Wingard and a Wingard-Tier 😅 but given the trailers and given, well ... Wingard ... i already expected this movie to double down on the tone of GvK. And honestly, from a box office perspective, that might just work out really well.

Out of curiosity I asked what chatgpt thought GxK would open to

qH2edRV.png

Not all that interesting, but it did come up with something close to what BOT is collectively thinking right now, maybe a touch higher.

• Like 1

SKULL ISLAND was randomly pretty sweet and well done. But no doubt seeing this series becoming BAYFORMERS esque is a bit sad given how vividly I can recall PJ's epic prestige version of KONG in late 2005.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

SKULL ISLAND was randomly pretty sweet and well done. But no doubt seeing this series becoming BAYFORMERS esque is a bit sad given how vividly I can recall PJ's epic prestige version of KONG in late 2005.

As long as these movies are fun and keep making money all is well. The day this formula tanks at the box-office, they can reboot with a gap of 5 years. 

Really like the cartoonish aesthetic of the whole thing, it’s fun goofy imo

That said I really hope these grey scenes with cities being destroyed isn’t the climax. GvK already did that and it looked much better with the neon lights. 

Hope they can come up with something else for the final battle rather than the same set up but grey this time