Eric Wilson

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | March 22, 2024

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Guess so, since the Frozen Logo above is being reported as the official teaser poster. Movie must be set around the holidays.

I was going to say that they could release this in March if BTSV gets delayed (which is apparently pretty likely), but if they’re going for a holiday movie, then I suppose they’ll want it to be released in December. 

While speaking exclusively with Screen Rant for the family drama Prisoner's Daughter, Ernie Hudson offered an update on Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2. In addition to confirming that "the movie is done" filming, the franchise star addressed the possibility of the sequel being delayed from the WGA and potential SAG-AFTRA strikes, indicating Sony is keen to keep their current release date, but may push it to another window. See what Hudson shared below:

Yeah, we finished, the movie is done, it's wrapped. Obviously, they're editing and doing whatever else. I've heard rumors the end of the year they'll push for, or maybe spring next year. I never know how the studios are gonna do whatever they do, but the filming is done, which was a little bit difficult with the writers strike and everything going on. So, I know there was a lot of shuffling around in terms of where it was being done, but I'm thankful that we at least got it done in the can, and now, I'm like everybody else, waiting to see what it all looks like.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 Actor Confirms "The Movie Is Done" Filming & Addresses A Potential Release Delay (screenrant.com)

11 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

There's still time to cancel this

Ghostbusters Afterlife starts strong but immediately goes to hell the second Bokeem Woodbine looks at the kids and says "who ya gonna call". The film turned into a globby self-serious mess and never recovered. It was right at the exact midpoint of the film. I've never seen anything quite like it. I cant imagine the sequel producing better results than the first.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1