Eric Loves Rey

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | March 22, 2024

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

That lineup feels so dated and unexciting it looks like a parody photo now

It also shows how despertly SONY wants another big franchise. When they lost James BOnd, they were left with only the Spiderman Franchise as a really big one, and even that has it limitations...Spidey and Venom being the only two charecters who can sell tickets.

This film will pretty much show if they have a big franchise in GHostbusters. The last one did well at the box office but was not a blockbuster.

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

they know the original cast is the selling point but they wasted that in the last movie. 

I agree. The issue is that no one actually connected with the younger cast. Ghostbusters is still synonymous with Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston. I don't even remember the names of the other younger characters except Podcast who has a podcast.

• Haha 1

The most popular Ghostbuster character not from the original movies is still Kylie. Actually I'm flabbergasted that they never tried to do anything with Extreme Ghostbusters since the cast are still very relevant for modern sensibilities.

2 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

The most popular Ghostbuster character not from the original movies is still Kylie. Actually I'm flabbergasted that they never tried to do anything with Extreme Ghostbusters since the cast are still very relevant for modern sensibilities.

That’s basically just because she’s goth. 

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

I agree. The issue is that no one actually connected with the younger cast. Ghostbusters is still synonymous with Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston. I don't even remember the names of the other younger characters except Podcast who has a podcast.

I agree.I am surprised that making the original cast the big selling point of hte movie is so controversial around here. IMHO it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 1:04 PM, grim22 said:

Feel like within the last decade of legacyquels, Adonis Creed has been the only new character that has really taken a life of his own and become as iconic, or at least pretty close to, as the characters from the original series.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

They’re just gonna keep emphasizing the old cast instead of the supposed new generation? Ok then. 

Which is why Ghostbusters won't be relevant outside of people who can't let go of 80s nostalgia.

Edited by YM!