Eric is Smiling

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean it’s pretty obvious the guy is doing it for attention lol. Based on some of the behind the scenes stuff, seems more like a narcissistic prick

all of them are narcissistic then? Lol

Edited by leoh
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I thought for sure this was gonna stay pretty stable, what with it being a trilogy and the quick turnout between installments. Guess there was still enough time to lose momentum. Guess the last one staying stable over the first one despite the NWH hype and hooks (which Sony is reallyyyyy trying to recreate rn) explains why this one is looking to drop. Still think China may be enough to push it above Carnage globally.

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So this is looking like another big disappointment for the genre if the recent tracking updates are to be believed. This is going to derail plans for Spider-Man 4 in a big way, assuming all the recent rumours of it being another epic multiversal team-up between the three Spider-Men and Venom against Knull were ever true in the first place. Even if they were, you can bet that'll all be thrown out the window after this weekend. The fans will likely rejoice over that, given that I've been hearing nothing but negative reactions to that premise. Everyone wants a Daredevil team-up instead. I'm among them, as not only do I not want another multiverse movie right after No Way Home, but I also think Knull is an insanely lame character who only serves to demystify Venom and make him a lot less special.

So at least that's one positive that'll come out of this movie not going anywhere. This will also ensure this spin-off universe dies with Kraven.

Yeah, no. Sony still has power Marvel because they own them.

And this doesn't mean shit. Anything you put on a Spider-Man 4 movie now will make BANK. This will be over 1B regardless of what they do. 

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

I thought for sure this was gonna stay pretty stable, what with it being a trilogy and the quick turnout between installments. Guess there was still enough time to lose momentum. Guess the last one staying stable over the first one despite the NWH hype and hooks (which Sony is reallyyyyy trying to recreate rn) explains why this one is looking to drop. Still think China may be enough to push it above Carnage globally.

what is the worry?

trackings? Tracks and projections always fails by lowballing Venom movies box offices, look at their projections for Venom 1 and 2. I’m pretty sure this one is also doing great.

Edited by leoh

This is a Venom movie and has Venom action in the Venomverse and it seems fun. I'm sold!

The reactions have been mostly positive. Sometimes we need these movies, dumb fun, cool and crazy action. It gives what fans want. 

Sony has a ton of problems and flaws, but at least they manage to keep reasonable budgets for these Sonyverse films. I'm impressed to see this movie being cheaper than a 200 million budgeted clown movie. This movie seems to have a ton of action, settings, aliens and a huge villain. How the hell is this thing cheaper than Joker? 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

21 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

A lot less social reactions then you usually see for super hero movies before release, wonder if Sony opted for less critic screenings or the non funko reviewers are just staying quite for now

Yep, very few RT approved people but it looks like this still might avoid a Rotten score.

Edited by Mad Max007

13 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

New projection:

DOM: 125

China: 100

WW: 405

Oof

It won't even have meh legs? Also, are we sure sub $200M OS-China is happening? Last one made nearly $300m in 2021. Sure it's not gonna fall harder than in America?

Edited by toutvabien