Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

Sonic developing some nice later legs. Lost City continues to crawl to that 100M, but will probably either narrowly miss it or crawl just over the number.

The numbers are great but lol at the people going “it’s amazing how it’s doing for a Doctor Strange movie”. Lol this is not just a “Doctor Strange sequel”. Strange’s profile was heavily raised by appearing in the Infinity War movies and NWH and they attached the trailer for this to NWH and heavily hyped it up as the next chapter in the multiverse saga 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Hey, i never said that Fallen Kingdom was loved by everyone. I realized from the start how stupid the movie was despite my undying love for it that stilly carrys on to this day.

God, both Jurassic World and FK are so amazing, i love them.

What is this serious response :sadfleck:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The numbers are great but lol at the people going “it’s amazing how it’s doing for a Doctor Strange movie”. Lol this is not just a “Doctor Strange sequel”. Strange’s profile was heavily raised by appearing in the Infinity War movies and NWH and they attached the trailer for this to NWH and heavily hyped it up as the next chapter in the multiverse saga 

Yes it’s not just a Strange sequel but 190m-200m+ for the next multiverse joint is still great. I’m not sure what you’re getting at, just because NWH did big doesn’t mean especially for very obvious reasons it was going to do exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Jurassic World can be liked by people, it garnered tremendous response from Audience, people were entertained. 

Fallen Kingdom though was..... 😕😕

So annoyed that these hyperbolic people ruined my perfectly reasonable "199 is mildy disappointing" takes. I mean it remains true but now it looks dumb by association, sad. 

Still think 200 is about a coin flip fwiw

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Jurassic Park ist the best franchise of all time and the Jurassic World movies so far nearly reach the same Masterpiece level of advanced heavenly filmmaking as the first JP did.

Jurassic World is love, Jurassic World is live. If Jurassic World was a woman, i woud be begging to marry her all day long. Everyone knows that Jurassic World exists to safe not only Cinema, but the human race and life itself on this planet and other planets as well.

Jurassic World transcends ordinary aspects of filmmaking and art itself. It touches the very essence of the human soul. Everyone knows that we all want to achieve some form of meaning, some form of greatness in our lifes, but Jurassic World is that greatness itself and shines as the surpreme exampel of perfection onto our measly bodies.

To love the Jurassic World movies, its not only about liking the movies. Its also about loving life itself. The way God intended it.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 1

now I wonder if a Wanda solo movie will be able to open 100M+, her popularity seems to have skyrocketed after WandaVision, and even this movie from what I’ve seen. She’s probably the most popular female MCU character at this point?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, joe liviig said:

thats an r rated movie.  CS Works differently depending on the genre

An R-rated movie that opened on Christmas Day. Holiday legs plus it being in the awards press and, you know, Leo.

I agree it's too early for the Doom and Gloom game. But B is still a B and I have a feeling many here had audiences that weren't into it. Mine certainly wasn't.

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

An R-rated movie that opened on Christmas Day. Holiday legs plus it being in the awards press and, you know, Leo.

I agree it's too early for the Doom and Gloom game. But B is still a B and I have a feeling many here had audiences that weren't into it. Mine certainly wasn't.

Mine weren't either time I saw it. It reminded me of watching Drag Me To Hell in 2009 when people were laughing at it and didn't seem to realise that the movie was in on the joke.

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Yes it’s not just a Strange sequel but 190m-200m+ for the next multiverse joint is still great. I’m not sure what you’re getting at, just because NWH did big doesn’t mean especially for very obvious reasons it was going to do exactly the same.

He's not getting anywhere other than simply saying people talking about "just a strange sequel" are purposefully taking out context to make it more impressive? The numbers are still great, but this isn't "just a Strange sequel" and shouldn't be judged on that metric.

• Like 1

I am hoping Sonic, Bad Guys and Lost City develop some silly crazy legs until JW3 hits. Until then we only have TG2 and DA2 which should allow them to have strong holds every weekend.