Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

1 hour ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

360 off 190 OW means its legs would be worse than Morbius. Would be interesting if that happened to say the least.

On a side note - and I may be completely misreading things and be way wrong here - but some friends and family were sharing how aghast they were that this movie was not suitable for kids. Whether we like it or not parents are used to taking the kiddies to watch Mahvel as they considered the usual PG-13 in their movies to be okay. Something like Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc.

Not so much lately. Between this, Moon Knight, the more mature tone of Eternals (which included MCU's first on screen sex scene where John Snow plowed Gemma Chan), and more to come including rated R Deadpool I feel like Marvel should have Marvel Knights/Marvel MAX logo and branding for such projects, whether they are rated R or hard edge PG-13. Iger had touched on this before when he was CEO but they need to make sure and crystal clear when the branding is okay for families and when it's not. They have not done a good job with that so far and their most recent projects suggests to me that they should.

Finally someone in agreement. That one scene was brutal Not saying the scene. If you saw the movie, you should know what I'm talking about.. Anyway, this movie is for sure an edgier Marvel movie and does push the blood/gore factor. Parents take four and five year olds to see Marvel movies. They expect some violence, but there is also a hard line. New branding might work for certain projects. Moon Knight seemed a very hard TV-14 to me.

• Like 1

So a -34% Saturday drop. 

Then it needs a -16% Sunday hold to make it to $200m. I can’t see that happening now. 5.4x previews. Black Widow did 6.1x.

Still a great opening, but I did expect $200m. 

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So a -34% Saturday drop. 

Then it needs a -16% Sunday hold to make it to $200m. I can’t see that happening now. 5.4x previews. Black Widow did 6.1x.

Still a great opening, but I did expect $200m. 

tht  sun hold would get it to 198m 

poeple are overrecting here in terms of legs

thinking 2.2-2.4x legs .

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Finally someone in agreement. That one scene was brutal Not saying the scene. If you saw the movie, you should know what I'm talking about.. Anyway, this movie is for sure an edgier Marvel movie and does push the blood/gore factor. Parents take four and five year olds to see Marvel movies. They expect some violence, but there is also a hard line. New branding might work for certain projects. Moon Knight seemed a very hard TV-14 to me.

I'd say the issue is with the parents rather than marvel in this case. Pretty sure every PG-13 movie has easily accessible reasons for why they have the rating. If they're ignoring that blindly and taking very young kids anyway, that's on them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Only room for one unfortunately. Good chance Jurassic World sells literally zero tickets.

Even though i know that this is a troll post, im literally THIS close to report this post.

Woundt do anything since youre a mod of course, but im triggered.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'd say the issue is with the parents rather than marvel in this case. Pretty sure every PG-13 movie has easily accessible reasons for why they have the rating. If they're ignoring that blindly and taking very young kids anyway, that's on them. 

That's true. But Disney is all about its branding. Smoking is allowed on PG-13 movies - and similar TV rating - but Disney makes it an internal rule that their PG-13 and lower movies will not allow smoking. It is in their best interest to have clear branding for the projects for its properties, especially its biggest one. Parents pay more attention to the branding than they do why a movie is rated a certain way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

There is no way 400m domestic is not happening. Come on. Let's be realistic here.

Even Captain Marvel did that with more competition.

IP sells and DS2 has 0 competiton for the next 3 weeks.

I agree but Captain Marvel legs is a bad example, they were good and even the super late legs got boosted by Endgame.