Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

It's funny to see the trolling in here. They want MCU to fail so bad, because they are not doing what they want or how they want it. Yet the MCU just keeps winning. Some would make up anything even if it makes no sense. This is how a conversation gos with trolls when you give them facts they don't like.

First "MCU is done after Endgame." Huge hits on Disney+."MCU was Lucky super hero fatigue is coming." NWH hits big but only because MCU helped Sony, Look at Mobius. Disney will make big profit of NWH they own 25% of the boxoffice.  "Only NWH can do big openings." MOM hits 190million." MOM will have bad legs." Still will make a lot of profit for Disney." I don't care i hate Disney and the MCU."  Okay.....

Trolls leave out the context for BVS vs MOM.  BVS was 50million more to make. BVS had A listers Batman, Superman and wonder woman yet underperformed, still it made profit. MOM has c listers Doctor strange and Wanda and will make more than THE Batman and BVS how is that not a win, trying to hard to spin it.  Only a troll would say a 190m opening is not amazing. If it drops hard it's still going to make more than The Batman and BVS.

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, MaverickXXR said:

MOM will do about 85-90% more than DS1 OS-C-R. L&T doing the same over Ragnarok would be ~$750M. Don't underestimate MCU inflation since IW/EG and ticket price inflation in general. 

Not expecting a similar increase as ds2 Dom though.

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

26 minutes ago, superheavysun said:

It's funny to see the trolling in here. They want MCU to fail so bad, because they are not doing what they want or how they want it. Yet the MCU just keeps winning. Some would make up anything even if it makes no sense. This is how a conversation gos with trolls when you give them facts they don't like.

The biggest always attracts lot of "noise".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Oh yes Hahaha

Just came back from seeing it.

Better than No Way Home and every other Phase 4 film for me. I had a total blast. Wanda was so fucking awesome.

One of us, one of us!

DS2 might be my favorite phase 4 movie too, not 100% sure yet but hey

• Like 1

Consider how many barriers to accurate reporting of covid cases now exist (making the nyt-google counter useless), is there are any organization trying to estimate the "real" number of covid cases?

34 minutes ago, superheavysun said:

It's funny to see the trolling in here.

Yeah, the anti-MCU circle jerk going on in this thread is pretty funny.  Especially considering this was supposed to be the "weekend of positivity" and all that.

Well, I'm positive DS2 is going to do pretty good, box-office wise.  I'm positive that theaters are pretty happy for some normal business again.  And I'm positive we'll be seeing the same crabby people saying the same crabby things again in a couple of months.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, superheavysun said:

First "MCU is done after Endgame." Huge hits on Disney+."MCU was Lucky super hero fatigue is coming." NWH hits big but only because MCU helped Sony, Look at Mobius. Disney will make big profit of NWH they own 25% of the boxoffice.  "Only NWH can do big openings." MOM hits 190million." MOM will have bad legs." Still will make a lot of profit for Disney." I don't care i hate Disney and the MCU."  Okay.....

Trolls leave out the context for BVS vs MOM.  BVS was 50million more to make. BVS had A listers Batman, Superman and wonder woman yet underperformed, still it made profit. MOM has c listers Doctor strange and Wanda and will make more than THE Batman and BVS how is that not a win, trying to hard to spin it.  Only a troll would say a 190m opening is not amazing. If it drops hard it's still going to make more than The Batman and BVS.

it’s not disappointing  big it’s not impressive either. It’s expected 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I don't go on this forum often but when I do and there's a massively successful film called a disappointment, I interpret it as a joke more than anything. Sort of self prodding at the overconfident pre-sale expectations.

I just say "Some people don't know what the hell they are talking about" which applies to anybody who thinks that MOM is a box office dissapointment. Marvel will make ton of profit off this move.

And I don't think anybody expected it to do Spidey NWH numbers. Spidey is, excaprt for maybe Batman, the most popular comic hero outhere.

Now you can make an argument that "Eternals" did underperform. But not MOM>

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, exomassey said:

Honestly reading this thread is draining. Seems the end of the MCU is near, the negativity…

Naturally an ageing franchise like this will lose fans, will become more front-loaded, other franchises will start to come along. It’s natural,  Marvel will falter eventually and some will be happy to see it.

RIP MCU. It was fun while it lasted.

This is just plain ridicilous.

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it’s not disappointing  big it’s not impressive either. It’s expected 

An opening can be expected and still be very impressive. Imo, thats very much the case here.

No matter how one wants to spin it, this is still the second Doctor Strange movie opening to 190M+ DOM and 450M Worldwide.

Its a massive success and its numbers are very impressive.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Not expecting a similar increase as ds2 Dom though.

True but I think Thor's popularity since IW/EG + how this film will be perceived by the GA (much more palatable with Taikas easily digestible style) + the Summer factor that Ragnarok didn't have = a bigger OS jump over Ragnarok than DOM. 

Then again I could also be underestimating DOM. If it pulls off similar legs to other July MCU releases on a $185M OW then we're around Rogue One numbers. 

It's funny to see the trolling in here. They want MCU to fail so bad, because they are not doing what they want or how they want it. Yet the MCU just keeps winning. Some would make up anything even if it makes no sense. This is how a conversation gos with trolls when you give them facts they don't like.

When Captain America picked up Thor's Hammer in Endgame, that was it for me.   It retconned a central plotline of Thor Ragnarok (Ie: the lighting was in Thor and the hammer was only a tool to focus it).  I checked out because I don't like watching downward spirals.

MCU's central selling point was it was it's tight cohesive world-building across multiple films.  You could count on what you saw in one to matter in the future.   It took until Endgame for the general public to realize how awesome this.  It will take everyone a few years to realize that it's now gone.

The problem isn't that they're adding identity politics, but that they are forcing it in at terrible cost.  The hammer retcon was obviously to enable female Thor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 9

Just now, cedec0 said:

When Captain America picked up Thor's Hammer in Endgame, that was it for me.   It retconned a central plotline of Thor Ragnarok (Ie: the lighting was in Thor and the hammer was only a tool to focus it).  I checked out because I don't like watching downward spirals.

MCU's central selling point was it was it's tight cohesive world-building across multiple films.  You could count on what you saw in one to matter in the future.   It took until Endgame for the general public to realize how awesome this.  It will take everyone a few years to realize that it's now gone.

The problem isn't that they're adding identity politics, but that they are forcing it in at terrible cost.  The hammer retcon was obviously to enable female Thor.

Eh ... no?

It was clearly established from the start that Thors Hammer can be lifted by anyone who is deemed worthy to do so. Hence this joke from Age of Ultron:

captain-america-mjolnir.gif

Caps Hammer lift in Endgame was teased this way from an early point.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, cedec0 said:

To say nothing of the identity politics nonsense later in your comment, "Cap wielding Mjolnir was when I checked out of the MCU" is...a take. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, cedec0 said:

455.jpg

• Haha 1