Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

To elaborate, like in 2015, a JW movie will be followed the following weekend with a Pixar movie.

Dominion and Lightyear could repeat the epic run JW and IO enjoyed together.

My predictions for JW Dominion is fairly conservative ($155M OW) however with at least okay WOM it should outgross FK OW and outgross JW's 18.5M Thursday previews because it's coming out at 4pm on Thursday instead of the usual 7pm the previous 2 films had.

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

My predictions for JW Dominion is fairly conservative ($155M OW) however with at least okay WOM it should outgross FK OW and outgross JW's 18.5M Thursday previews because it's coming out at 4pm on Thursday instead of the usual 7pm the previous 2 films had.

Thats not conservative, thats blasphemous. It will be over 210M OW and 600M+ DOM total :bouncy:

Spoiler

Im half-joking ofc. And i totally agree that earlier previews will help getting it past JW's number.

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Thats not conservative, thats blasphemous. It will be over 210M OW and 600M+ DOM total :bouncy:

Hide contents

Im half-joking ofc. And i totally agree that earlier previews will help getting it past JW's number.

In a perfect world it beats Endgame OW as it rightfully should as the finale of the saga and go on to compete with TFA for domestic total and Avatar for global total

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

In a perfect world it beats Endgame OW as it rightfully should as the finale of the saga and go on to compete with TFA for domestic total and Avatar for global total

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

18 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

To elaborate, like in 2015, a JW movie will be followed the following weekend with a Pixar movie.

Dominion and Lightyear could repeat the epic run JW and IO enjoyed together.

Dominion sure, Lightyear no idea but doubt it ($270m-$285m seems right). Sonic 2 kind of taken away some of my confidence in action heavy animation.

Edited by YourMother

25 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

If only DS2 was released in all markets perhaps it could take the highest grossing disappointment throne, but instead I fear Ultron is fated to keep it for all time :jeb!:

The highest grossing disappointment opening weekend is TLK I guess. No?

Not disagreeing with AOU having the final gross title, just OW.

Though TLK will also take final title I suppose.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

I thought the script for MoM was really bad. No disrespect, but I just can't get behind the "This is a Sam Raimi movie more than a Marvel movie" crowd. It's just a conflicting, narratively rushed, emotionally stilted mess that never fully clicked for me, and the exposition dumps here were just next-level dull. The movie was everything I feared NWH would be before it came out.

Raimi got to pop off in a couple sequences, and I'm a huge fan of his horror and Spider-Man work, but it was never even close to saving the film for me. I 100% understand the frontloading and CinemaScore.

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Dominion sure, Lightyear no idea but doubt it ($270m-$285m seems right). Sonic 2 kind of taken away some of my confidence in action heavy animation.

Sonic 2 seems to be better at general anticipation than Lightyear looks to be. I think it's possible Lightyear opens below Sonic 2 (60-65M) but gets a better multiplier for maybe 250M total. @Brainbug the Dinosaur makes a good point though that there's precsident for Jurassic and Pixar movies to coexist.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The highest grossing disappointment opening weekend is TLK I guess. No?

Not disagreeing with AOU having the final gross title, just OW.

Though TLK will also take final title I suppose.

Didn't KOTM have a higher opening than TLK and that was pretty disappointing?

5 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Didn't KOTM have a higher opening than TLK and that was pretty disappointing?

Lmfao I fucking wish. The Lion King had a 191 million opening weekend, KoTM didn't even pass 50.

• Sad 1

The hiccup with Jurassic World is that this time it will be preceded by a much better dinosaur-related media property in Prehistoric Planet.

As we all know, Apple TV+ documentaries are very high in demand and will clearly have a significant influence on the box office in the following weeks.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The hiccup with Jurassic World is that this time it will be preceded by a much better dinosaur-related media property in Prehistoric Planet.

As we all know, Apple TV+ documentaries are very high in demand and will clearly have a significant influence on the box office in the following weeks.

The same people who are hyped for Prehistoric Planet are also hyped for JW Dominion. Also JW is very walk-up heavy. No one is complaining that there is too much dinosaur content. They can coexist. Plus one has a lot larger marketing budget than the other.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Or it could actually give a boost.

• Like 2