BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Everyone saying the MCU is dead feels like just got possessed by my theaters are dead persona. I mean fucking lmao. If the MCU is dead then it is time to close Hollywood because everything else is a corpse in decomposition.

As long as there are Jurassic World films coming out, cinema is in a healthy place though.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Dude, I’ll say this once. Fuck off with this shit.

He's also a DC shill. Which is not a bad thing (I'm a MCU shill). But he's the kind of DC shill that everything Marvel is underwhelming or will be bad or will underperform. 

Wasn't gonna point it out because everyone seemed kinda avoiding it but I notice it every single day. Just saying. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

As long as there are Jurassic World films coming out, cinema is in a healthy place though.

Gotta crank at least two dinos a year if you wanna carry the industry on your back ;) 

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Dude, I’ll say this once. Fuck off with this shit.

If all I hadn't heard before Shang chi release of how this was the first asian superhero movie, asian this asian that.....then maybe you would have a point.

• ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, SupermanLego said:

If all I hadn't heard before Shang chi release of how this was the first asian superhero movie, asian this asian that.....then maybe you would have a point.

Literally no one cares. It's to make disney money. As long as the movie is good who cares? 

1 minute ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

He's also a DC shill. Which is not a bad thing (I'm a MCU shill). But he's the kind of DC shill that everything Marvel is underwhelming or will be bad or will underperform. 

Wasn't gonna point it out because everyone seemed kinda avoiding it but I notice it every single day. Just saying. 

You would think I'm a DC shill from the Amount of dickriding the MCU has on this forum. Maybe you don't like a different perspective.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 3

3 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Literally no one cares. It's to make disney money. As long as the movie is good who cares? 

I agree but common why do people always downplay the identity politics marketing aspects of these movies. 

Edited by SupermanLego
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, SupermanLego said:

You would think I'm a DC shill from the Amount of dickriding the MCU has on this forum. Maybe you don't like a different perspective.

Most people are self aware of the dickriding in the MCU here at least. You sound like a petty child.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

I agree but common why do people always downplay the identity politics aspects of these movies. 

Because they don't affect the quality of the film. Most classics politically virtue signal all the time

Edited by Alex SciChannel

6 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

You really don't bring anything or any perspective. All you do is this subtle hate, trying not to pass a MCU hater impression but you really fail imo

In case you missed, I was one ranting the MCU here a lot recently even tho I'm a massive fan. 

But you do you. Was just pointing out. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll

2 minutes ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

Gotta crank at least two dinos a year if you wanna carry the industry on your back ;) 

Hollywood just needs to hire me, i have too many ideas about possible JW spin-off films!

The Kansas Sheep Massacre: A Blue Story

Mission: Dinosaur: T-Rex Protocol

Mosajaws

Beauty and the Dinosaur

The Lord of the Park: The Two Worlds

On second thought, maybe Hollywood shoudnt hire me.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

You really don't bring anything or any perspective. All you do is this subtle hate, trying not to pass a MCU hater impression but you really fail imo

In case you missed, I was one ranting the MCU here a lot recently even tho I'm a massive fan. 

Plus, the only correct shill is a Jurassic Park one. Am I right @Brainbug the Dinosaur?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Hollywood just needs to hire me, i have too many ideas about possible JW spin-off films!

The Kansas Sheep Massacre: A Blue Story

Mission: Dinosaur: T-Rex Protocol

Mosajaws

Beauty and the Dinosaur

The Lord of the Park: The Two Worlds

On second thought, maybe Hollywood shoudnt hire me.

At last, the breakthrough industry paradigm of the 2020s to supplant the CU craze of the 2010s :ohmyzod:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SupermanLego said:

I meant from a marketing perspective. 

I guess if you want to view film marketing through an academic perspective, sure. But that is not what you're doing. You're whining like a petulant child because there's ads about how there's the first big Asian superhero.

14 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Perhaps because it’s so rare for a US based release to have a largely Asian cast? Though if it was “all you heard”, perhaps it’s because you have rabbit ears for it 

Public isn’t buying movie tickets en maasse as some kind of social statement: the WOM and ensuing strong holds for SC (and BP) were because of the quality of the content, not identify of the characters 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

I think it was decent crowd pleaser. Last quarter of it doesn't stick the landing because it's just way too crowded but I think that property is in a good spot. OW just under 75M DOM and DOM total just 225M just about Ant-Man level. I think that property has 300M+ DOM potential. I see a sequel for sure there and maybe even fast tracked. Like way before an Eternals 2 or a Cap 4 or Moon Knight 1 or whatever. General audiences definitely liked Shang Chi more than Eternals and Strange 2. 

In my earlier long post I neglected to mentioned Ant-Man 3... That definitely has 300M+ DOM potential too as far as non Thor or Guardians or Blank Panther sequels go.

People mentioned Eternals 2 and Cap 4 and whatever. I assume Feige and Co. will analyze decide whether to pursue sequels for either. I imagine if we get a sequel to one or both we won't be getting either for a long, long while.

Random other thought, what are folks thinking Nope can do DOM later this summer?

Just now, Alex SciChannel said:

I guess if you want to view film marketing through an academic perspective, sure. But that is not what you're doing. You're whining like a petulant child because there's ads about how there's the first big Asian superhero.

If the only thing this movie has going for that is that i.e identity politics, then it's shallow af. Fiege and co promoted it like that, cannot blame me for that one. Child ? looool look at the responses when you ever talk about identity politics, you have members up in their feelings like babies. The comment from "YourMother" says it all loool 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2