BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

22 minutes ago, YourMother said:

To pivot a bit as these past few pages have been kind of a shit show. What’s y’all top five of the summer looking at box office wise?

1. Dominion - $575m

2. Thor 4 - $450m

3. Maverick - $405m

4. Strange 2 - $400m (that sweet sweet fudge with help from Lightyear and Thor)

5. Minions - $250m

1. Dominion: $480M

2. Thor: $430M

3. DS2: $400M

4. TG2: $380M

5. Lightyear: $300M

31 minutes ago, YourMother said:

To pivot a bit as these past few pages have been kind of a shit show. What’s y’all top five of the summer looking at box office wise?

1. Dominion - $975m

:bouncy:

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m more than happy for Jurassic World 3 to win summer. 

Youre a great person.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Jurassic Word 595M+

Solid!

20 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

1. JW Dominion - 486

TOO LOW

18 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

JW:D: $500m

TOO LOW but a bit better

11 minutes ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

JWD 500

Same.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

Beyond some joking:

01. Dominion - 650M

02. Thor: Love and Thunder - 510M

03. Doctor Strange: MoM - 405M

04. Top Gun - 400M - coin toss right now between it and MoM for me

05. Lightyear - 365M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Factcheck said:

They are not introducing She-Hulk just for a D+ series, that post credit scene in Shang-Chi is probably a hint that WWH is happening & Captain Marvel could play role of Sentry in it.

I think the hint in Shang Chi post credit scene is a totally different thing. 

The director said in a interview that you don't have to look deep on comics to know what was happening. What the beacon was calling. 

Did some research. 

I think it's calling the place where they were originated in the comics. Their origin. A planet in the Andromeda galaxy, place of The Mukluans. The rings are technology originated from the Makluans and each of the Ten Rings contains the soul of a long-dead cosmic warrior, trapped in an ethereal state. The Makluans are a race of dragon-like shapeshifters, the most famous of which is Fin Fang Foom

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Beyond some joking:

01. Dominion - 650M

02. Thor: Love and Thunder - 510M

03. Doctor Strange: MoM - 405M

04. Top Gun - 400M - coin toss right now between it and MoM for me

05. Lightyear - 365M

You told two people their 510M prediction for Thor were low yet you predicted the same numbers :winomg:

Edited by Grebacio

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

You told two people their 510M prediction for Thor were two low yet you predicted the same numbers :winomg:

I know, was a pathetic error lol i fixed it :ph34r: i meant their JW numbers not the Thor numbers 😅

I absolutely think that the introduction of all these new shows that are part of the overall ‘MCU’ will result in some jumping off the train. That’s inevitable.  Are we starting to see it already? Maybe. 

What was once a two or three films a year commitment, where you could keep up with everything even if you didn’t go opening weekend (you literally had at least a few months) - well now you’ve kind of got to watch all the shows too. Sure they’re not long and they’re short in episodes, but they’re spread out and OFTEN.  They might not add up to as many hours of content as some think, but they seem it. 

The MCU was a commitment before, but now it’s much more than that. Inevitably some will pick and choose what they see within it now. 

Fortunately that core base of people still aboard the train is colossal. I’m not sure it can inspire many newcomers anymore though. 

To invite new audiences they’d literally have to reboot the entire universe. Which we’re miles away from - but it’ll happen. 

financially it’s not an issue for Disney. If the box office takes a hit from the heights we’ve seen for the MCU, those Disney+ subs to see the shows more than make up for it. 

Anyway, what I think we really need to start doing is accepting that the box office is going to come down the deeper we go.  I don’t even think it can be summed up as any kind of fatigue.  The sheer volume of content is inevitably going to shake off some that were just about holding on. 

I told my 4 year old Marvel mad nephew that there were 28 MCU films last night and his jaw hit the floor. I said by the time he’s old enough to start them they’ll probably be nearly 50! Lol. What do you even do with that? 

• Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I think the hint in Shang Chi post credit scene is a totally different thing. 

The director said in a interview that you don't have to look deep on comics to know what was happening. What the beacon was calling. 

Did some research. 

I think it's calling the place where they were originated in the comics. Their origin. A planet in the Andromeda galaxy, place of The Mukluans. The rings are technology originated from the Makluans and each of the Ten Rings contains the soul of a long-dead cosmic warrior, trapped in an ethereal state. The Makluans are a race of dragon-like shapeshifters, the most famous of which is Fin Fang Foom

Yes but might be teasing both as they put Bruce & Carol in that scene.

Edited by Factcheck

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Majority here predicting over 500M DOM for Dominion this makes me happy

Until that C+ Cinemascore comes out and then BOOM...

Under $400M like DSitMoM 

:whosad:

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, SLAM! said:

I still think Family Camp could beat Firestarter. I’m working at a theater and Family Camp sells more tickets.

Family Camp is only in 850 theaters. It won't do $1.5M

Let me clarify as somebody who started the supposed "Marvel is dead" talk that no, I don't think Marvel is dead. I just have concerns about the next two movies and how they'll stack up creatively and that things can go on a decline, while still being super popular and full of moneymakers. I feel like I emphasized that numerous times, so I really hate that things are construed that Marvel's dead forever and their movies are all bombs forever now. Does nuance not exist anymore?

• Like 7