EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

42 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Definitly negative. Those were the days. I loved the shitposting. I was a part of it.

Couldn't even do shitposting if I tried anymore

I'm like Obi Wan trying to attempt a lightsaber fight 10 years outta the game.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Couldn't even do shitposting if I tried anymore

I'm like Obi Wan trying to attempt a lightsaber fight 10 years outta the game.

Oh man have you seen him having the effort to destroy the laser barrier when he could literally just walk around it? Wtf is this show.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh man have you seen him having the effort to destroy the laser barrier when he could literally just walk around it? Wtf is this show.

Just ban us from this thread for tv spoilers, like the good ol' days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im confident in 3000 next weekend by myself in the case Dominion goes over 200M OW.

Or ca. 4000 if it goes under 160M OW if the Mods have not kicked me out by then.

I'm rooting for one of these to happen now. Honestly don't even care which one

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im confident in 3000 next weekend by myself in the case Dominion goes over 200M OW.

Or ca. 4000 if it goes under 160M OW if the Mods have not kicked me out by then.

Flopminion under 160M OW:Venom:

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think Shang-Chi was higher than most of these 2021-2022 ones except NWH OW and maybe TGM OW. 

I think 90 pages or so - must have slipped trough.

1 hour ago, Grebacio said:

How do you forget the Carbonara thread with 77 pages? (Oh, and also batman OW had 76 pages)

No idea - wrote down some notes by hand couldn't really read them xD (those 3 minutes between writing them and posting where to long...

Okay, I didn't even write Carbonare one down - ups. It was reverse JW pretty much, better to just forget about it.

1 hour ago, Grebacio said:

btw, I'm confident Avatar and Black Panther weekend threads will have 100+ pages

Most definitely.

50 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm confident I can do 2000 posts in what 4 days? You guys can basically leave it to me

I am looking forward to it, hopefully celebrating a gigantic box office success :)

44 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

4000 pages - they wouldn't dare to kick you out. 

200m OW is enough for 300.

No honestly, if it opens between 140 and 160m I think it will stay somewhat short. Only above 200m or below 120m I'd expect it to get longer.

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wait what? I haven't watched it yet - will probably do that Friday or Saturday.

Either I am preparing classes for school or I am posting on here.

21 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once will come to my country on Thursday. Don't know if I'll be lucky enough to get it on my city though.

Probably depends on the city (and the cinema - in Germany it plays in arthouse cinemas most big cinemas aren't showing it and then there is the cinema I used to go to like the 15th largest and that shows it (was a really nice cinema because it showed movies for a really long time) its to large for the people that could go there).

21 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Oh my god, was there really like 8 pages of people going back and forth over EC’s ridiculous 300M lost comment while I was asleep :rofl:

Finally some shitposting again.

For the numbers it would have been better if I answered every single on in a separate post, but I only text like that on WhatsApp :) 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looking at OS trends and the genuine lack of buzz, maybe 130M

Looking at Korea more like below 100m.

But honestly I think it won't drop in the US, I am not seeing an increase anymore. Unless resales data is coming in strong in the following days, maybe my view is also crowded by the German presales data (feels like they are lagging behind).

Just now, John Marston said:

Confused about JW on the tracking thread. Some say it is seeing a nice pick up on sales while others saying it is looking bad

Some are extrapolating a trend similar to films which picked up heavy in the last week. Others don't see that same trend or think it'll play out differently than that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Confused about JW on the tracking thread. Some say it is seeing a nice pick up on sales while others saying it is looking bad

Some markets are different than others. Simple as that.