Eric Twister

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As someone with behind the scenes knowledge of movie development, I'm afraid you are misinformed. This picture was clicked during the writing of the Rise of Skywalker script.

Little known fact: This heroic savant actually banged out the TROS and JWD scripts in a single session — the pages had to be separated out later

58 minutes ago, noknobs said:

I think the answer to most of your questions is that you, along with millions of other people around the world, keep buying tickets and it will gross well over 1b worldwide. People don't hold lazy/shitty filmmaking accountable if there are dinosaurs. They know this, so might as well try to appeal to the lowest common denominator and throw shit at the wall.

Exactamundo.  This is why I still listen to word-of-mouth (especially from my fellow compatriots here at BOT), and I usually don't go out opening weekend to the big stuff anymore.  In this case, the buzz is enough to make me consider skipping this until streaming.  I've seen every other Jurassic in theaters, but this feels tired already, and the last one was pretty dire.  I vote with my wallet, just like anyone else, and all I try to tell people is, the more you keep giving to the machine opening weekend, the more message they'll get that you just want more of the same.

43 minutes ago, Mulder said:

You can't judge a film until you see it lol.

Sure.  But we're also allowed to go with our gut feeling and not see it.  😉

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

I plead the 5th, not a clue (I don't pay attention, obviously.) 

I graduated from Mt. Pleasant and I know I we played each other in either football or basketball (maybe both) at some point.  But that was a LONG time ago lol.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Moderation

@noknobs You don't have to like these movies, but you don't have to go after others for what they decide to watch, especially since plenty of viewing patrons are giving out criticisms toward the movie. Don't do this again.

Anybody else want to act like a fool right now? Because I'm ready for it.

What on earth are you talking about, I didn't go after anyone. I tried to answer someone's question. Sorry you don't agree, but not liking my opinion is no reason to issue me a warning. 

Watching people come up with conspiracy theories about the CinemaScore is hilarious. I’m not talking about people saying there might be a sampling error, I’m saying full blown “Disney paid for extra captain marvel tickets” tier stupid.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigscrubnus said:

Watching people come up with conspiracy theories about the CinemaScore is hilarious. I’m not talking about people saying there might be a sampling error, I’m saying full blown “Disney paid for extra captain marvel tickets” tier stupid.

I feel like the sampling error stuff is still silly. No one ever brought that up before until now when it happens to be a movie people on here dislike (And I'm one of them).

• Like 1

It’s pretty obvious why there is more talk of sampling error (which of course there is for all movies, though it’s not like a big factor) when the CS is wildly out of line with other metrics then when it’s quite in line as it usually is. Nothing to do with personal dislike, that just reads as cope.

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I feel like the sampling error stuff is still silly. No one ever brought that up before until now when it happens to be a movie people on here dislike (And I'm one of them).

I feel ya. No one ever questions it until they hate a movie that got a good score or vice versa. Occam's razor tells me that the internet just doesn’t represent the GA. The internet also hates the first two JW movies and they got an A and A-, if anything massive internet vs GA response should be expected from this series at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

It’s pretty obvious why there is more talk of sampling error (which of course there is for all movies, though it’s not like a big factor) when the CS is wildly out of line with other metrics then when it’s quite in line as it usually is. Nothing to do with personal dislike, that just reads as cope.

No offense dude, but this reads as some extreme copium on your own part. The only other metric people are bringing up is the RT audience score which isn't even that old.

• Knock It Off 1

CS Sampling error or not, PostTrak infos or whatnot, those are all just metrics to predict WOM and possible leg performance. In the end, whats important are the actual legs that the movie will have, because hard numbers are the only 100% reliable evidence we have for judging WOM. If the movie will have similar legs to Fallen Kingdom, then you can in no way say that the A- CS was a sampling error. If the movies legs are clearly worse than FK, then it could be a different story.

• Like 3

Just now, Mulder said:

No offense dude, but this reads as some extreme copium on your own part. The only other metric people are bringing up is the RT audience score which isn't even that old.

Does PostTrak just not exist to you or something? If it had come in similar  to the CS instead of similar to  the audience score this would be a totally different situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

What’s actually going on here is that people who *did* like the movie want to talk about the positive outlier while conveniently ignoring all the other data points 😂

Except I didn't, I hated it. I just find it infuriating and annoying to see people pulling this on movies they don't like instead of being objective on it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

And the RT score can be explained by the GA not being full of the type to go online to rate a movie. Do extreme normies go online to rate the film on RT, IMDB, letterboxd and metacritic? No, they don’t. They see a movie, like/dislike it, and then move on with their lives.

Nerds like us who discuss movies after the fact are an extreme minority. The other JW films should have taught this lesson that some people still haven’t grasped. 

• Like 2

I liked the movie and I think the Cinemascore is off and an outlier. Not just the other 2 metrics we have for domestic but all audience metrics around the world point to significantly worse reception than FK. 

You guys do know that PostTrak polls people in theaters just like Cinemascore, right? 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2