Eric Duncan

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

Cosmic Circus seems to be indicating this could be Rated R:

Echo will serve as the pilot project for this new mature approach for Marvel via Disney+, while the upcoming Deadpool & Wolverine film will tackle the R-rated experiences at the movies. Audience reception to these projects will be critical for other projects potentially getting the green light for a mature rating. This includes projects like Daredevil: Born Again, Blade, Thunderbolts, Marvel Zombies, and other upcoming projects.

https://thecosmiccircus.com/exclusive-marvel-studios-next-story-arcs/

Edited by SpiderByte

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Cosmic Circus seems to be indicating this could be Rated R:

Echo will serve as the pilot project for this new mature approach for Marvel via Disney+, while the upcoming Deadpool & Wolverine film will tackle the R-rated experiences at the movies. Audience reception to these projects will be critical for other projects potentially getting the green light for a mature rating. This includes projects like Daredevil: Born Again, Blade, Thunderbolts, Marvel Zombies, and other upcoming projects.

https://thecosmiccircus.com/exclusive-marvel-studios-next-story-arcs/

Interesting. Hope they can do enough to differentiate it from The Suicide Squad.

16 hours ago, Masketta Man said:

As expected Marvel Studios is just doing the wrong decisions with this project so a R rating will be just the cherry on the top.

Forgive me as I’m not very familiar with the source material, but are you saying it isn’t fit for an R-rated adaptation? Is the general impression that this is Marvel’s version of a Suicide Squad wrong then?

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Forgive me as I’m not very familiar with the source material, but are you saying it isn’t fit for an R-rated adaptation? Is the general impression that this is Marvel’s version of a Suicide Squad wrong then?

No, Thunderbolts isn't Marvel's "Suicide Squad", in fact during the 90's where everything was clones, blood and pouches, the original comic was the turning point into the neo-classic era that continued into Busiek's Avengers. And literally the only thing that I can see being added with an R rate is Sentry ripping some folks in half.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 4:24 PM, Masketta Man said:

That was fairly obvious from what we have seen and know about the movie, there's nothing like the Thunderbolts movie, because at least all the previous CBM featured the characters in the title of the project.

Thunderbolts is what the team is named tho? How is it different than Guardians or Eternals?

14 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Thunderbolts is what the team is named tho? How is it different than Guardians or Eternals?

Guardians had Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax, Gamora from the DnA reboot and Yondu from the original GotG

Eternals had Sersi, Ikaris, Gilgamesh, Makkari and all the other classic members of the team

"Thunderbolts" doesn't have a single member of the most popular iterations of the team. No Zemo, no Songbird, no Moonstone, no Red Hulk, Punisher, Deadpool, Elektra, Green Goblin, Venom, Bullseye and the list goes on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Can't find any other sources on this, gonna hold off on believing this

RPK backed it up and r/DCU/DCEUleaks have gotten everything new about the DCU right and the Blade production problems right.

I think given how short notice it is it's due to the strikes production delays messing with scheduling. It was supposed to start filming last summer, it's absolutely plausible that the new schedule is running up against another project.

• Like 1