IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

2 minutes ago, Giesi said:

They are popular, just not in the same ballpark as Star Wars, or some certain fantasy series in the 00‘s. And increasing 25% wouldn‘t even mean top 30 OWs

IW is 31st for German OW (in USD, which is what I’m going by.)

I think Endgame can get to $20m OW / $55m total  

I think two things have to be seen seperated: AIW wasn't (and Endgame won't be) groundbreaking for German BO as a whole, but it was (and will be) for SH-movies in Germany. SM1 is still the biggest SH after 17 years with an OW of 1,4M; AEG will be the first to challenge that.

In todays state of the German BO movies like that are needed if one likes them or not. SH isn't my favorite genre and I'd like other movies to be more successful on the global stage so they'd be made more instead. But we have to be thankful for a 3,4M grosser and (even if I didn't like AIW too much) there's worse movies making tons of money...

And to the discussion admissions vs. revenue: I think too that both have to be considered since there's correlation between both; it's harder to reach a certain amount of admissions if your Ticket Price is very high...

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 3

Die deutsche Produktion HEILSTÄTTEN startet in Mexiko mit 139.400 Besuchern mehr als doppelt so gut als in Deutschland vor einem Jahr (57.202 Besucher): http://www.insidekino.com/BO/MEX2019.htm 

Translated from German by Microsoft

The German Production HEILSTÄTTEN starts in Mexico with 139,400 Visitors more than twice as well as in Germany a Year ago (57,202 Visitors):

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

Endgame beating TFA in presales, in Germany?  

Absolutely insane.  Superhero movies have been pretty weak in Europe, and TFA was an absolute monster.  What in the holy hell has happened?

uhm let me think.. Pre sales are bigger then ever it still wont beat TFA overall. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

So, are we looking good to challenge Titanic's 19m?

I'd be ecstatic over it reaching 4m (it probably wont A IW had 3.4m)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

I'm not 100% sure, but I think TFA did have a bit of a delayed presale, because there was a disagreement between Disney and some of the biggest theater-chains over the terms. E.g. Cinemaxx and another chain of that size didn't start presales until some weeks later. That definately should have affected first day sales.

At least I think that was for TFA and not another SW-movie that followed.

Early numbers sound good for Endgame, but I doubt that it will add a ton to IW's final numbers. Improving on the opening could be doable, but I wouldn't expect it to blow past 4m admissions total.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Early numbers sound good for Endgame, but I doubt that it will add a ton to IW's final numbers. Improving on the opening could be doable, but I wouldn't expect it to blow past 4m admissions total.

4m admissions would be great though. A 20% increase in a fully developed market is an awesome number to hit. 

• Like 2

Mark_G from insidekino.de sees at the moment 275k admissions OW for Monsieur Claude 2, 200k for Pet Sematary and only 150k for Shazam!. So IndustriousAngel is not far off.
But WOM could help Shazam and of these three films it has the best official reviews (they're ok to good for PS and mediocre for Monsieur Claude 2).

1 hour ago, IndustriousAngel said:

first weekend estimates from insidekino.de :

#1: QecqoaefaBD? - 225k admissions

#2: Shazam - 175k

#3: PS - 160k

#4: Dumbo - 125k (-20%)

#5: CM - 100k (-30%)

basically ok for all openers, Dumbo down from the bad OW isn't a good sign

I hope there's possibility to grow...

Not too great for QecqoaefaBD? (great acronym :D, I stay with the international title Serial (Bad) Weddings 2) up just 12% from the first (155k/200k incl.P.)... It won't get the crazy multpipler of x19,5 so it needs to get everything it can on OW.

Shazam and PS look OK though.

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 2

And some Thursday actuals (source Blickpunkt:Film, a bit sparsely today):

The new releases:

Monsieur Claude 2 (released in 500 theaters): 25k/230k US$
Shazam! (477): 20k/219k US$
Pet Sematary (418): 18k/168k US$
Unheimlich perfekte Freunde (a German fantasy-comedy, 306): ?k → only 15k admissions OW in the first trend of insidekino.de, clearly under the expectations despite the good reviews

The holdovers

Captain Marvel: 12k (actuals last Thursday 18.5k)
Dumbo: 10k whole day (actuals last Thursday whole day 18.5k)

Edited by el sid
  • Like 4