Eric the IF

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

PS - If I actually get 1-5 right this week, I'm retiring from all predictions for the rest of the summer (outside of the 2 I've already made) b/c I'll be due for some catastrophic wrongness...

Although I think the dinos are gonna be my hiccup - I probably should have watched them in the theater to really know where they'd slot...

Cmon:

TGM

Dinos

Elvis

Toys

Black Phone

Edited by TwoMisfits

Moderation

Look, I know the Roe v Wade stuff is super important and we all have strong emotional thoughts about it. But it's veering away into severe off-topic territory and nothing to do with box office. So unless you want to talk about the Supreme Court ruling in the context of the box office (and even then, do you have to? Will the universe explode if you don't?), take it over to the Politics subforum. We're done here.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Eric Presley said:

Moderation

Look, I know the Roe v Wade stuff is super important and we all have strong emotional thoughts about it. But it's veering away into severe off-topic territory and nothing to do with box office. So unless you want to talk about the Supreme Court ruling in the context of the box office (and even then, do you have to? Will the universe explode if you don't?), take it over to the Politics subforum. We're done here.

Thank you, Eric for taking action! Also, love your avatar! Brings back great memories when I was in 7th grade loving Lilo and Stitch!

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Elvis looked like 10 FRI aka 13.5 OD

TBP looked like 6-6.25 for 9-9.25

I was hoping for a 10M OD for Black Phone.

1 minute ago, Cheddar Please said:

I was lowballing TGM at 30m this weekend b/c I didn't want a repeat of my 3rd weekend disappointment. Still doesn't bring me joy to know I got it right

It's had an amazing run. If it stopped making money now, It would still be insanely successful. 

It's probably hurt a bit with Elvis and Black Phone coming into the marketplace.