Eric Furiosa

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I have a feeling this entire weekend gets really depressed at the box office but news channels get their best ratings in a long long time.

Most people won't even feel like going to the movies for entertainment.

I think you overestimate the amount of crazy people out there. Most people will get on with their lives.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Not to dive into theaters versus streaming, but when you feel fully defeated and deflated, you aren't in any mind space to put on your clothes, get in your car and drive to a theater. The much easier way is to drop down in your sofa, doomscroll and watch something on streaming.

Yeah, but are people actually going to be able to put down the screen in their hand and watch what’s on TV? Isn’t that what you want to escape, otherwise it’s wallowing? (which is also an acceptable response, not judging) 

Not being able to use cell phone in theater is one of the draws of the experience, have to unplug for that period of time 

5 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

2 years left until World War 3 finally begins. Ukraine is just a preview for what's to come once the GOP strikes back hard in 2024. Assuming the people of America don't just skip the election out of apathy. I suppose I should make the best of these remaining two years. We all should.

How is a right wing takeover in 24 gonna start WW3? 

3 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

I think you overestimate the amount of crazy people out there. Most people will get on with their lives.

No one is getting on with their lives, unless they were anti-choice to begin with. The only people sleeping happily are the evil ones who made this happen and their backward hick moronic dumb mouth breathing enablers.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No one is getting on with their lives, unless they were anti-choice to begin with. The only people sleeping happily are the evil ones who made this happen and their backward hick moronic dumb mouth breathing enablers.

I'm not happy about this but I can't do anything about it right now and it's a beautiful day here. I imagine most who aren't online all day feel the same way.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Not to dive into theaters versus streaming, but when you feel fully defeated and deflated, you aren't in any mind space to put on your clothes, get in your car and drive to a theater. The much easier way is to drop down in your sofa, doomscroll and watch something on streaming.

I think you're overstating the impact this'll have this weekend personally. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

the-numbers predicting 38.4m for Jurassic this weekend 😆

This is about as possible as Top Gun dropping 60% this weekend or America reforming its political and judicial system.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'm not happy about this but I can't do anything about it right now and it's a beautiful day here. I imagine most who aren't online all day feel the same way.

Well, you guys are about to elect JD Vance, of Hillbilly Elegy fame, to the Senate, so might as well enjoy as many good days as possible before November.

Edited by grim22

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

The Elvis Challenge.

Ask anyone under 30 to name three Elvis songs.

I'm 21 and I barely succeed this challenge:

-Jailhouse Rock

-Cant help falling in love

-Suspicious Minds

- A little less conversation

- Devil in disguise (thx Lilo and Stitch)

• Like 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I have had the numbers for a few hours, but enjoying watching a classic BOT friday meltdown.  Let’s see how far it can go.

To preface I actually think you're very insightful and (as I'm sure everyone else feels) I always appreciate what you give, but today's not the day for this imo.

Just now, Mulder said:

To preface I actually think you're very insightful and (as I'm sure everyone else feels) I always appreciate what you give, but today's not the day for this imo.

Every single week its a meltdown of over reactions that theatres are dead and streaming is ALL that matters. 

Meanwhile 5 movies are going 20M+ this weekend. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah you can't even quote a random movie anymore because people won't understand the reference, while like 15 years ago we only communicated via Hangover and Anchorman quotes and "Run Forrest Run" was still in the popular lexicon

the zoomers seem to really love american psycho memes so there's at least one 20+ year old movie they can quote.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

the zoomers seem to really love american psycho memes so there's at least one 20+ year old movie they can quote.

Can you blame them? American Psycho is the shit. One of the best movies of the 2000s.

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

What’s this? A healthy opinion about political engagement?   

Begone foul creature.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Every single week its a meltdown of over reactions that theatres are dead and streaming is ALL that matters. 

Meanwhile 5 movies are going 20M+ this weekend. 

That's not what the thread's talking about though, hence why I said to not get into it this day. Look at the most upvoted comment in here 

Just now, Mulder said:

That's not what the thread's talking about though, hence why I said to not get into it this day. Look at the most upvoted comment in here 

I'm not here to talk about politics, I'm here to talk about box office, I think wanting a bit of escapism is warranted atm 

• Like 2