Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

Stranger Things Season 4 was great. I am ok with streaming channels. But if you want to cram MCU into 4 movies and 5 tv series an year, you are asking for trouble. Its impossible to maintain quality when you are pumping out products like a factory. 

That said MCU is not in trouble. not when your last 3 movies had previews over 50m, 36m and now 29m. 

• Like 1

just saw that the Stallone superhero movie got kicked to screaming and that Salem's lot still hasnt shown anything, I assume (perhaps wrongly) its too late for any big names to move 

What the heck are people supposed to watch during august-september?

im about to start thinking about silly things like Bullet Train 200 million dom or Avatar 100 million dom

Even with a lot more free time during the summer, I still find that most of the TV I stream goes back to comfort re-watches of the peak seasons of The Simpsons and Arrested Development. I also started getting back into Scrubs, which I only ever watched in scattershot fashion in syndication on Comedy Central in the late 2000s. I know all these other, newer, zeitgeisty shows are supposed to be good, but I just find that - with rare exceptions - I just don’t have the mental energy to keep up with something structured more like a 10-hour movie than a TV show I can just drop in on whenever and basically get a complete, satisfying 30-60-minute story.

I realize that even a short movie is a bigger time investment than a single TV episode (well, most TV episodes anyway), but at least I know I’m getting a complete, resolved story in a movie (well, most movies, anyway) instead of something where I need to continue with the next hour to get closer to an actual conclusion. I want to give TV more of a chance (especially if it’s something on the level of, say, Breaking Bad), but if my interest wanes, it’s tough to go back and watch the remaining 7 hours after feeling “meh” about the first three.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I hope Feige will not make the mistake of setting Moon Knight and Ms Marvel and the like as the new Avengers, assuming everyone is familiar with them and/or has watched their tv shows.

Ms Marvel is one of the lead of The Marvels next year, people will get enough chance to get familiar with her.

Edited by Factcheck

Listen there's people that will watch an anime that has over 1000 + episodes, which intimidates the hell out of me regardless of it being one of the most popular animes of all time.

I also started getting back into Scrubs, which I only ever watched in scattershot fashion in syndication on Comedy Central in the late 2000s. 

The show ends at Season 8 remember that and you will be golden. The 9th season is fake.

Edited by Cappoedameron

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I also started getting back into Scrubs, which I only ever watched in scattershot fashion in syndication on Comedy Central in the late 2000s.

Hold up, Scrubs is streaming out there? 👀

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Stranger Things Season 4 was great. I am ok with streaming channels. But if you want to cram MCU into 4 movies and 5 tv series an year, you are asking for trouble. Its impossible to maintain quality when you are pumping out products like a factory. 

That said MCU is not in trouble. not when your last 3 movies had previews over 50m, 36m and now 29m. 

They aren't in trouble yet, but this is probably where you need to course correct things. The interest is still there but if they keep burning good will that won't be the case for long. They really need to make sure their next films coming out are well received by audiences first and foremost. If BP2 and ant-man are also poorly received that's probably when you start thinking the MCU is in trouble.

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

$14.1m for Minions

$4.5m for TG2

$3.25m for Elvis

hows 700 million looking?

know anything about it going on digital august 23rd?

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I enjoyed it but they gotta kill off some main characters which I think they will in the shows final season. It's getting way to overcrowded. The fan favorite Steve just screams hero death sacrificing himself to save everyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Listen there's people that will watch an anime that has over 1000 + episodes, which intimidates the hell out of me regardless of it being one of the most popular animes of all time.

80% of which is filler which has nothing to do with the manga. 👀

• Haha 2