Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

Since L&T is looking to have a strong opening, does that officially debunk all the people who claimed Lightyear flopped because of a one second lesbian kiss, or is the movie nowhere near as queer as we were led to believe? I haven’t watched it yet, so I honestly don’t know. 

Wandavision

Loki 

Ms Marvel (ep 4 and 5 really dragged it down)

L

O

N

G

G

A

P

FATWS - terrible. Same writer writing the movie means hard pass from me.

Dropped Hawkeye, never bothered with Moon Knight and What if. She-Hulk looks absolutely embarrassing so I won't bother with that too. No time for filler that goes nowhere.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Since L&T is looking to have a strong opening, does that officially debunk all the people who claimed Lightyear flopped because of a one second lesbian kiss, or is the movie nowhere near as queer as we were led to believe? I haven’t watched it yet, so I honestly don’t know. 

At least we won't have the sky is falling mentality around Marvel that some people here have about Pixar.

54 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

I just have a hard time devoting enough time to watch TV shows in general.  I've watched a few of the MCU shows, but I have other priorities.

They're all lesser than The Boys and many of the Netflix shows anyway. Daredevil, Punisher, and Jessica Jones S1 are head and shoulders above the best Disney Plus shows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Was L&T banned for queer content anywhere? No? Make your own conlcusion about its queerness. 

That said, Lightyear flopped cause nobody cared for that cashgrab starring the character who looked like a popular toy but wasn't the popular toy. Queers, allies, haters all united in not caring. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

well normally I wouldn't say anything but Lightyear just appears to be a crappy movie not that many people like.

I haven't seen it, but there seems to be a correlation between financial success and critical acclaim for Pixar, and even WDAS.

2y446x.png

2 minutes ago, Driver said:

They're all lesser than The Boys and many of the Netflix shows anyway. Daredevil, Punisher, and Jessica Jones S1 are head and shoulders above the best Disney Plus shows. 

In terms of buzz and impact, The Boys mogs D+ shows ( save WV which didn't start big but became a WOM hit due to speculation) which means that larger viewership doesn't mean staying power. D+ so far is forgettable fluffy filler that doesn't connect to anything important. I think with covid a distant memory, people will be less inclined to watch everything so low viewership like Ms Marvel will become a norm rather than exception.

I don't how it works in america with tv rights of movies but in my country for example free television is crucial to make some franchises famous and to build a bigger audience for the next movies. 

Now with Disney Plus and no free tv rights for everything since Guardian of Galaxy 2  you can lose some audience. All the new characters post last Avengers are never been on free tv.

This is not a really talked issue but I think the fact something became exclusive of only a platform and his subscribers in the long term will have some of an impact for Hollywood and how much movies can became classics in people imaginary. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's what my kids did for Lightyear...it's amazing how fast it spreads...

I mean, that's what everyone I know did for JWD yet it's still gonna have a solid multi and finish with 380M+ DOM TOTAL off a 145M OW DOM. All I heard on the 4th of July from half a dozen people was how awful Minions was... Yet, well, ya know, it's doing pretty great. Just not sure it works that way unless a very large number of people didn't like it. Again, I still haven't talked to a single person out of maybe two dozen that saw JWD that didn't think it was the worst of the Jurassic flicks but, as mentioned, legs while not great are far from horrible for that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I don't how it works in america with tv rights of movies but in my country for example free television is crucial to make some franchises famous and to build a bigger audience for the next movies. 

Definitely isn't the same in the USA. I think the vast majority of the US still pays for more than basic channels. My family wasn't one of them lmao so someone was like "how do you live without Nickelodeon?"

But it's changing with streaming. Disney Plus is a huge staple for families with small children.

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

There are two characters that overtly state their affection for the same gender. There isn't a kiss though. Well, there is, but not like the one in Lightyear. One of the two consummates what they state but it's brief and done with a wink. But, yes, with two it's made very obvious but absolutely nothing like what was seen in Eternals.

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Was L&T banned for queer content anywhere? No? Make your own conlcusion about its queerness. 

That said, Lightyear flopped cause nobody cared for that cashgrab starring the character who looked like a popular toy but wasn't the popular toy. Queers, allies, haters all united in not caring. 

I wasn’t trying to make conclusions? 

The only superhero series I thought was actually great that I've seen the past decade on any streaming service or cable television was Invincible. After that, first season of Legion was pretty great. That's it. The rest of the rest are either good, good enough, passable or worse. Most being in the "worse" category though. Just my two cents. I haven't seen Peacemaker yet though. I have, I believe, seen all of the other ones though.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

didn't watch most of the shows. i did check out moon knight because of isaac/hawke and thought maybe it could be something a little bit different. boy what a blunder that was! 

Oscar Isaac at least gives an entertainingly unhinged performance though. It kept my attention better than some of the other shows.