charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

Hmm. I do love this momentum this thread has going on. Definitely unique for these boards. I wonder if we can keep all this back and forth up somehow.

Anyway, I just saw this newer movie and I liked it a lot. It's called Star Wars: The Last Jedi. What did you guys think of it?

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Hmm. I do love this momentum this thread has going on. Definitely unique for these boards. I wonder if we can keep all this back and forth up somehow.

Anyway, I just saw this newer movie and I liked it a lot. It's called Star Wars: The Last Jedi. What did you guys think of it?

Overall a very medium movie, with not much especially positive or negative to say about it. 

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

terrible middle film of a trilogy , it was more of an ending , nothing interesting left to tell with "these characters"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

What he's talking about? He spent 3 months saying Ghostbusters was gonna be a smash hit similarly to what he did with Top Gun prior release.

When it did "only" 130M he started to brag that other people expect lower so he's right lol 

It's almost like no one can always be right no matter how much they pretend to be. Crazy reveals today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Ah yes, that movie. I especially loved the purple lady character, who blew up with the ship. I like to think that she didn't die and that she was snatched at the very last minute and went back in time in 1993, when an old gentleman named John Hammond proposed to her a very interesting trip to Isla Nublar.

• ...wtf 1

39 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Solid acting ,great visuals,good action  and  direction .Some Good ideas but  terrible excution and writing.

Holdo and cantobite plotlines are pointless subplots that just pad the runtime of the film and our A plot (luke and rey) suffers as a result 

Original film !!! Yeah right.

large chunks of this movie copy from the empire and return of the jedi with inferior development .

This movie indulges in the very same fan pandering and fan service  its against which is kind of hypocritical.

To add to that it treats some of the stuff set up force awakens like an afterthought . As a result our new characters are significantly hampered.

Finn the most interesting thing about about the trilogy was gutted .

Poe was just being berated the whole movie and has no arc at all. 

Fucked rey's training and her jedi abilities became more unrealistic in the universe.

Thought force awakens world building was meh but TLJ shrank the world further, everything with kylo, first order,knights of ren was dropped 

And the whole conflict of the universe was shrank to a very contrived space battle that I feel was there just to service the point less cantobite and holdo subplots. 

First order is severely dumbed down should have finished off the resistance quite easily.

Key word for you ,just deploy the T fighters.

They did the same shit with obi wan finale .

Disney starwars are terrible at writing space battles.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

A straight up masterpiece with some of the most sincere thoughts about what hope and endurance really means to be included in a blockbuster in the past decade.

Not only the best SW movie, but also a somewhat perfect ending for the saga themes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

A straight up masterpiece with some of the most sincere thoughts about what hope and endurance really means to be included in a blockbuster in the past decade.

Not only the best SW movie, but also a somewhat perfect ending for the saga themes.

But TROS is the end of the saga though.😅

Fuck I almost wish I hadn’t had to work tonight so I could have experienced this thread with you all. Who would have thought that EC getting banned would make the forum feel like the “good old days” again, even if only for a night.

Love you all, hope to become much more active again in the future (especially once Survivor is up and running again). ❤️

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

But TROS is the end of the saga though.😅

All jokes aside, a real atrocity of a movie. Although they had a lot of unfortunate events to juggle (Carrie Fisher's death, TLJ controversies), it is mind- boggling how bad they screwed it. I mean, the "somehow Palpatine has returned" line and the even more frustrating one uttered by a nameless in the SW universe Meriadoc Brandybuck about "Dark Science. Cloning. Secrets only the Sith would know" (Like, really b*tch? Who made the clone army and how the hell do you know it then?) alone suffice to condemn it to eternal punishment.

On the flip side, I loved Rey claiming the Skywalker name which is now a symbol of heroism and rebellion.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Xavier said:

On the flip side, I loved Rey claiming the Skywalker name which is now a symbol of heroism and rebellion.

Gosh hated that scene. Didn't make sense. 

It's better she said rey palpatine it would have sent a better message that her lineage doesn't determine who she is

and overall would have a been a good completion to her messy arc.

Just now, Liiviig 1998 said:

Gosh hated that scene. Didn't make sense. 

It's better she said rey palpatine it would have sent a better message that her lineage doesn't determine who she is

and overall would have a been a good completion to her messy arc.

Yeah it would have been cool for her to say Rey Palpatine but it wouldn't save that mess of a movie.

Lurking on BOT over the years beats most reality TV honestly. Been entertaining following. Also The Last Jedi gave me instant bad vibes from the start the the yo momma joke and while there are some high parts I think overall it's at best mediocre and I wish one director was chosen who had a vision of where the story would be going over the whole 3 sequel saga instead of the mess. Anyways if new Star Wars ever fully destroys my joy in even watching the originals I can always fall back on 90s Trek.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah it would have been cool for her to say Rey Palpatine but it wouldn't save that mess of a movie.

What the worst starwars movie for you?

Mine is AOTC but this came pretty close to toping it but the laughs I had at the stupidity gave it the edge.

Ranking

ESB

Rouge one

Revenge of the sith

Force awakens

Return of the jedi

A new hope.

Solo

TLJ

Phantom menace

TROS

AOTC

9 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

What the worst starwars movie for you?

Mine is AOTC but this came pretty close to toping it but the laughs I had at the stupidity gave it the edge.

Ranking

ESB

Rouge one

Revenge of the sith

Force awakens

Return of the jedi

A new hope.

Solo

TLJ

Phantom menace

TROS

AOTC

Revenge of the Sith

Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

A New Hope

Force Awakens

Last Jedi

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Rise of Skywalker

I wasn't bothered to see Rogue One (although I've seen on YouTube and loved the shameless fan service that was the Darth Vader cameo at the end) and Solo.