Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

6 minutes ago, p a p i said:

Phases 4-6 represent The Multiverse Saga. 

We have 3 movies to be revealed yet. 

February 2024 (Deadpool 3 FOR SURE);

February 2025 (Have no idea);

July 2025 (I think Spider-Man 4)

I don't think they're throwing in Mutants solo film right before the end of Multiverse Saga (Secret Wars). Seems like a last minute unnecessary thing. I think the next Saga will be Mutants heavy and their spot to shine. 

July won't be Spider-Man. Those dates are for Marvel Studios 'proper' films. Sony will set their own date for Spidey. Christmas 2025 seems like a good time to me. 

2 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

July won't be Spider-Man. Those dates are for Marvel Studios 'proper' films. Sony will set their own date for Spidey. Christmas 2025 seems like a good time to me. 

5 MCU movies in a year? Not happening. I think there's coordination with Sony with these Spidey movies. 

And while I know Disney doesn't book Spidey dates, they are probably just letting know they have that space and then Sony can put it in one of those dates. If Spidey doesn't come before Secret Wars, I think it’s a 2026 movie. 

No way there's a MCU movie 1 month after the BIG finale of the Multiverse Saga. 

7 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

And I think there will be a Star Wars movie in December 2025 for sure. 

There’s precedent for Disney announced slots flipping over to Sony when the time is right to announce and dis movies shuffling around as a result — happened with both smh and FFH.  

But it’s also quite possible that it could slot in somewhere and make a 5 movie year — feb+may+July+sep+nov and feb+May+july+nov+dec could both be easily accommodated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, p a p i said:

1) 5 MCU movies in a year? Not happening. I think there's coordination with Sony with these Spidey movies. 

And while I know Disney doesn't book Spidey dates, they are probably just letting know they have that space and then Sony can put it in one of those dates. If Spidey doesn't come before Secret Wars, I think it’s a 2026 movie. 

2) No way there's a MCU movie 1 month after the BIG finale of the Multiverse Saga. 

1) I'll take that bet ;) 

2) There was an MCU movie just 2 months after Endgame. The machine doesn't stop. 

I hope this Multiverse shit actually gets silly instead of just having actors in different costumes.

Give us Punisher meets Riverdale. Casper The Friendly Ghost meets Ghost Rider. Daredevil meets The Ninja Turtles. Spider-Man meets Teen Titans Go.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The interesting thing about the name "Multiverse Saga" is that phase 4 was mostly the multiverse. Seems to be a narrative that is drying up.

2/7 phase 4 movies were related to the multiverse

2/8 shows 

what kind of “mostly” is that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AJG said:

I hope this Multiverse shit actually gets silly instead of just having actors in different costumes.

Give us Punisher meets Riverdale. Casper The Friendly Ghost meets Ghost Rider. Daredevil meets The Ninja Turtles. Spider-Man meets Teen Titans Go.

This man gets it. 

I’m pretty sure I survived the entire weekend off of sheer will and adrenaline. And now I woke up, and my entire body is like what did you do and I’m like I don’t think I’m gonna get out of bed ever again

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, AJG said:

Well we're all still waiting for that Howard the Duck credit scene to finally come to fruition!

So, I was looking back at the opening weekend and domestic box office records. To date, the longest OW record reign is Spider-Man @ 1526 days (going back to Jaws in 1975, no OW data before that). The domestic record is a bit trickier but I believe it's E.T @ 15 years. 

Opening Weekend

As of today, Endgame stands @ 1185 days. I see nothing coming that will stand in the way of it eclipsing the Spider-Man record (June 20, 2023). Between now and then, the 3 biggest opening weekends should be Wakanda Forever, GOTG3 and Avatar 2. If Wakanda Forever pulls off a perfect storm, it would still come in 20% below EG. 

With that in mind, how long does Endgame reign? We now know the next Avengers films are coming 5/2/25 (2198 days) and 11/7/25 (2387 days). Do both break the record, ala IW and EG? Does one or the other do it? Do neither?? 

Domestic Total 

While the longest record stood for over 15 years, the current record holder is now coming up on 7 years. Since 'The Force Awakens' took over the top spot, only 2 films have gotten within 15% of its total and both are MCU properties. Looking ahead, the only thing that I think can top it before A:KD and A:SW might be able to in 2025 is Avatar 2 later this year. I'm not banking on that but I've been wrong before so I wouldn't be shocked if I was again. With 30% ticket price inflation (expected) from 2015 to 2025, I am confident that TFA won't make it to 10 years on top of the domestic charts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

So, I was looking back at the opening weekend and domestic box office records. To date, the longest OW record reign is Spider-Man @ 1526 days (going back to Jaws in 1975, no OW data before that). The domestic record is a bit trickier but I believe it's E.T @ 15 years. 

Opening Weekend

As of today, Endgame stands @ 1185 days. I see nothing coming that will stand in the way of it eclipsing the Spider-Man record (June 20, 2023). Between now and then, the 3 biggest opening weekends should be Wakanda Forever, GOTG3 and Avatar 2. If Wakanda Forever pulls off a perfect storm, it would still come in 20% below EG. 

With that in mind, how long does Endgame reign? We now know the next Avengers films are coming 5/2/25 (2198 days) and 11/7/25 (2387 days). Do both break the record, ala IW and EG? Does one or the other do it? Do neither?? 

Domestic Total 

While the longest record stood for over 15 years, the current record holder is now coming up on 7 years. Since 'The Force Awakens' took over the top spot, only 2 films have gotten within 15% of its total and both are MCU properties. Looking ahead, the only thing that I think can top it before A:KD and A:SW might be able to in 2025 is Avatar 2 later this year. I'm not banking on that but I've been wrong before so I wouldn't be shocked if I was again. With 30% ticket price inflation (expected) from 2015 to 2025, I am confident that TFA won't make it to 10 years on top of the domestic charts.

Secret Wars might be able to break Endgame OW record if the reception of kang as well as SW is stellar. If that happens it might be possible to outgross TFA. If not then Endgame OW record will stand for few more years atleast.

• Like 1

Just want to throw a guess regarding the next Saga. After Multiverse Saga. Presumably Phases 7-9. I don't how much synergy there is between movies and comics but still. Just a guess. 

I see a lot of people saying the next Saga will be Avengers vs X-Men. And I could see that. But a bit different. 

There is a current Marvel Comics event called A.X.E.: Judgement Day. It's basically Avengers vs XMen vs Eternals, with the Avengers as a middle ground trying to stop the Eternals war against Mutants.

I think Feige will make the Eternals work and will push them hard. Rework them or whatever. They have huge potential. I will go as far as to bet my fat ass that in 2026, beginning of Phase 7 and new Saga, one of the 4 movies that year are Eternals 2 and we see other Eternals projects related. And the same thing for Mutants. 

I don't what would be the reason in the MCU but in the comics, Mutants became immortal because of the Resurrection Protocol, making them able to resurrect when they die. Which means that they can't die. They are Immortals. And the Eternals deemed that as excess deviation. 

This is the basic premise. I haven't started the event yet. I mean, it just started. But have not read the new ones. 

And with the amount of projects the MCU puts out today between 3 Phases, It would be perfect to set everything up. But maybe with a MCU spin. OR NOT. Because we don't know if Feige is going the Krakoa route with the Mutants. I would love to. But who knows.