Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

7 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

You have batgirl and blue beetle in the can. You have peacemaker which was successful. You could have provided updates on whatever the plans are for superman and static. This was embarrassing for DC 

I don’t think WB even knows what their plans are for Superman. 

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Secret Invasion is probably the only one of the seven phase 5 TV shows I’ll watch. 

Seven TV shows in one year shows they’ve maybe not learned too much from Phase 4. 

Daredevil?!

22 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

There's not a lot of hype for Phase 4 or 5.  All the hype from the conference (sans BP2) was for stuff that's planned 4-5 years down the road. They need to actually produce good content before we say a new Avengers can surpass the old ones. 

When they bring back Evans and RDJ for Secret Wars it’ll blow the house down .

• Like 1

Phase 5 is two years long, it's 3.5/yr.   

Daredevil is triple length though, seems like they're putting a lot of extra effort there -- if that isn't good either they should seriously pause these shows and do a complete rethink from the ground up on D+ strategy.

There hasn’t been one MCU show I haven’t liked so far.  What have we had this year? Moon Knight and Ms Marvel? Both of those were better than MoM and Thor 4.  Like, miles better. 

looking forward to She-Hulk, although haven’t seen any of the trailers. 

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not like WB was able to show off much to begin with. Promoting The Flash at this stage would be pretty awkward, and a large chunk of the Internet still has an obsessive hate-boner for Amber Heard, so there’s a good chance that if they showed footage for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, it would be met with boos from the audience, just like when they booed the Rock for suggesting that Henry Cavill probably isn’t coming back. 

Besides, supposedly, WB didn’t even want to attend Comic Con this year. They apparently only showed up because the Rock insisted on it. That’s why they only promoted the New Line movies. 

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Excactly -- people don't pay attention to the production background/details here.  Grim's take totally makes sense.  The Shazam/Black Adam presentation definitely had the feel of hastily-put-together-at-the-behest-of-A-list-star-ego.  

I can definitely see the penny-pinching Zaslav regime wanting to distance themselves from Comic-Con to save costs and announce projects on their own accord instead. I'm willing to bet the merger is the main reason why haven't heard anything about-and, IMHO, there likely won't be-a DC Fandome this year. Not like the AT&T regime would've been able to do much with what might be one of the most toxic slates I've ever seen for any franchise for 2023, but still.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

im sorry but why do people like those plastic pieces of garbage

I sold my 2 funkos from Hall H for $400 so I’m not complaining.

literally, Funko gave 6000 people $400 worth of funkos for attending the panel. 

I walked in about 10 minutes before the start and enjoyed everything. 

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

It's hilarious that people are interested in She-Hulk & Echo not bcz of lead character but bcz of cameo/small role of Hulk, Daredevil, Wong etc

Because that's what's MCU is about. 

It's a Shared Cinematic Universe, so characters can and should overlap, after 11 years and multiple movies featuring tons of characters, it's time for new to interact with old, old to interact with old and new to interact with new. 

Listened to some post SDCC interviews with Kev, seems like two parter avengers saga capper with no avengers in the previous phases of a saga is the new norm.    

Personally I’m not really fond of that, hope they change course for saga three.   

It is basically 2 avengers movies per 5 years I guess, but pacing feels weird.

Edited by Legion and Thunder

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Because that's what's MCU is about. 

It's a Shared Cinematic Universe, so characters can and should overlap, after 11 years and multiple movies featuring tons of characters, it's time for new to interact with old, old to interact with old and new to interact with new. 

There is a difference between being interested in interaction between characters(old & new) and being interested in the main lead.

1 hour ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Listened to some post SDCC interviews with Kev, seems like two parter avengers saga capper with no avengers in the previous phases of a saga is the new norm.    

Personally I’m not really fond of that, hope they change course for saga three.   

It is basically 2 avengers movies per 5 years I guess, but pacing feels weird.

Honestly, Im fine with it. The saga’s aren’t going to be 10-11 years like Infinity was, and there’s way to much stuff going on otherwise to do one every 2-3 years. This also keeps them feeling epic and not just inserts. 

11 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Honestly, Im fine with it. The saga’s aren’t going to be 10-11 years like Infinity was, and there’s way to much stuff going on otherwise to do one every 2-3 years. This also keeps them feeling epic and not just inserts. 

I mean, that’s pretty much Kevin’s reasoning 😆  

Personally I don’t like that this saga will only be 5 years in real life. Feels less epic to me. I would rather have kept sagas as like 9 year things, 3 phases of 3 years each closed with an avengers , and just have like 30 projects per phase and that’s fine.

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Legion and Thunder said:

I mean, that’s pretty much Kevin’s reasoning 😆  

Personally I don’t like that this saga will only be 5 years in real life. Feels less epic to me. I would rather have kept sagas as like 9 year things, 3 phases of 3 years each closed with an avengers , and just have like 30 projects per phase and that’s fine.

That sounds way to long. Unnecessary imo. Specially today. 

I don't want to wait 9 years for Secret Wars. Not worth it imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Waiting 11 years for aeg is what made it what it was. AEG in 2013 just wouldn’t be that hype even if you had the same 21 movies before it.

That was a novelty. Something never seen. Waiting that much for the next is just unnecessary imo. We already had impatient fans to see where this would all go. 

Instead of making people feel excited, I think it would make people not even feeling because of such a long wait. 

With all the content, these Phases or Sagas should take less time so that thay can make more stuff without having to wait 9 years. That's almost whole decade of my life.