Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

11 hours ago, Flip said:

Can’t believe the live action Lion King was this big to this day, baffling that it made over 1.1B internationally 

Not to mention its tickets were quite cheap, for example here in Italy Avatar has surpassed its total gross but has no chance to surpass its impressive number of admissions

5 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Not to mention its tickets were quite cheap, for example here in Italy Avatar has surpassed its total gross but has no chance to surpass its impressive number of admissions

0% chance to surpass 5,7M admits ?

12 hours ago, Flip said:

Can’t believe the live action Lion King was this big to this day, baffling that it made over 1.1B internationally 

Because internationally many places didn't have to bear the soulless English dubbing of the movie.

Can give example of India where Local Language which i saw movie dubbing was actually done by people who cared and it was good. The voice acting actually had emotions, It Improved the movie watching experience.

Now if that movie had been Really great, it was an easy 2 billioner. Disney ruined a golden opportunity of having another 2 Billion groser

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mystery said:

It still hasn't outgrossed the original in Croatia but it seems like it might. The original has $2,172,676 from all releases and The Way of Water seems to be at $1,606,152.

1. Spider-Man 2 - $2,223,027
2. Avatar - $2,172,676
3. Avatar: The Way of Water - $1,606,152
4. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - $1,434,769
5. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - $1,371,176

6. Top Gun: Maverick - $1,349,799
7. Joker - $1,323,649
8. The Smurfs 2 - $1,266,600
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - $1,245,950

10. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $1,245,788

$ US dollars rank has nothing to do with local region’s rank

Also,your data came from BOM?BOM always making wrong result

15 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

After 5th weekend,The Way of the Water box office achievement are as followed:

13th highest grossing film in DOM

5th highest grossing film OS

7th highest grossing film of all time

3th highest grossing IMAX film of all time

in Europea is:

4th highest grossing film in France

4th highest grossing film in Germany

7th highest grossing film in Italy

5th highest grossing film in Spain

4th highest grossing film in Netherlands

5th highest grossing film in Iceland

3rd highest grossing film in Portugal

2nd highest grossing film in Czech Republic

2nd highest grossing film in slovkia

2nd highest grossing film in Bulgaria

Highest grossing film in Norway

Highest grossing film in Romania

Highest grossing film in Lithuania

Highest grossing film in Hungary

Highest grossing film in Crotia

.....(more data need waiting update)

in Asia is:

3rd highest grossing film in Thailand

7th highest grossing film in Indonesia

3rd highest grossing film in Vietnam

11th highest grossing film in Malaysia

12th highest grossing film in Singapore

Highest  grossing HLW film and 7th highest grossing film of all time in India

6th highest grossing film in South Korea(in term of box office)

2nd highest grossing film in Turkey(in term of box office)

2th highest grossing film in UAE(in term of box office)

Highest grossing film in CIS region (central Asia)

Highest grossing HLW film in Nepal

Highest grossing film in Mongolia(in term of box office)

6th highest grossing film in HongKong

15th highest grossing film in Taiwan

in Oceania is:

2nd highest grossing film in New Zealand

6th highest grossing film in Australia

in LATAM is:

5th highest grossing film in Brazil

6th highest grossing film in Mexico

(more data need waiting update,LA data is missing too much)

IN ALMOST EVERY MARKETS AVATAR WILL JOIN ALL-TIME TOP 10 CHART AT THE FINAL

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your excellent summary. I take the opportunity to express my wonderment to find a female who is this much dedicated and interested in box office data because I didn't know any female before who has any interest in it. I think I am the biggest box office enthusiastic in the whole world ( if not than certainty in top 10 ) and again take my gratitude to discover a female counterpart in the field of box office.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Hopefully today BOM will update the OS numbers that are freezed to $1.331B since Sunday with China still at $188M.

fortunately China BO tracking is in real-time, and the last days before the fated first day of the lunar new year are just too sexy, might just deliver close to/exceeding $ 3M everyday.  

Edited by teard1972
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Hopefully today BOM will update the OS numbers that are freezed to $1.331B since Sunday with China still at $188M.

That $1.331b through Sunday international gross includes a gross of $211.8m through Sunday in China.

The overseas total and the overseas market grosses on BOM are independent of each other; the overseas total is often fully up-to-date, but BOM is often slow to update the individual market totals.

The fact that the overseas total is at $1.331b but the China gross on BOM is at $188m doesn't mean that the $1.331b overseas total only includes $188m from China — that $1.331b includes the most recently reported $211.8m through Sunday in China, it's just that the China gross on BOM, which is again independent from the overseas total, hasn't been updated yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

" As someone who worked on Mission:Impossible movies and have friends who worked on TG:Maverick, I'm fuckin' FURIOUS!!!. This is always been the case on every TC movie but this is now on a different level. Outright banning VFX studios on advertising their work on the film? What the actual F***?

We worked our asses off to deliver a seamless, near perfect CG for these movies only to be swept under the rug and being denied of existence online and in press cause GOD FORBID everyday Joe realise that Mr Cruise didn't actually do ALL of those stunts. And I would bet all my money this all comes from him. One phone call and VFX is a banned term. It's just a massive egotrip.

I watched countless plates of TC on all fours shaking his head so compers can use that for head replacement with stunt riders, I've seen those crazy truck rigs that end in a hydraulicly controlled BMW motorbike so he can claim that he rode that in those corners up in the mountains without wearing a helmet. I've witnessed those dailies sessions (and had my jaw dropped on the floor) of PIXEL PERFECT digi doubles of Tom Cruise. And of course those digi doubles had their fair share of screen time. I'm so fucking fed up with this bullshit treatment.

By the way Top Gun Maverick was such a disappointment. It was just a massive TC egotrip. “He’s the fastest fighter alive.” yuck..... The only thing worth mentioning was exactly the VFX. The explosions, the dogfights, those seamless, gorgeous comps, everything was spot on. It was so well done, pretty much nothing caught my eye for the first viewing and I'm in this industry for over two decades now...

We really need our ME TOO movement for VFX otherwise one day we're not even gonna be on 
the credits anymore."

I told you from the very first day to my friends and relatives that this all Tom Cruise doing all these stunts and real on camera shooting is bullshit. But after the Oscar VFX bake off night, the naked truth is out for everyone to see.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1