Eric the Ape

The Fall Guy | May 3, 2024 | Universal | Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt | Based off the 80s TV show

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The surprises apparently are a lot of a-list cameos. 

So based on Bullet Train, I'm guessing we get Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum back here for cameos. And Matt Damon because he loves to cameo in stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So based on Bullet Train, I'm guessing we get Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum back here for cameos. And Matt Damon because he loves to cameo in stuff.

I read there are a lot of jokes for cinephiles..so Tom could be there with a jokerabout his stunts? 😅

Edited by vale9001

5 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Oh so the rom com part is strong on this according to reactions. I didn't get it that much from trailers. So could take the women too (gosling sells better the female the driven movies imo). So seems to have the action and romantic...interesting. 

Really? I thought it was very well emphasized in the trailers myself, that's why I'm so bullish on its numbers, I think it will attract both men and women. The pairing of actors is really inspired for a romantic action comedy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Im definitely getting Free Guy vibes from this. Not super crazy, but a very solid crowdpleaser.

Well this one is R-rated, and probably good, so those are two pretty big differentiators from Free Guy 

24 minutes ago, TMP said:

Well this one is R-rated, and probably good, so those are two pretty big differentiators from Free Guy 

True on the first, but I think people forget that Free Guy was a crowd pleaser. It was the first big release out of COVID that wasn't day and date!

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

True on the first, but I think people forget that Fred Guy was a crowd pleaser. It was the first big release out of COVID that wasn't day and date!

The power of mint mobile 😳 Does the Goose have enough Ken-ergy to match it? We’ll see!! 

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Really? I thought it was very well emphasized in the trailers myself, that's why I'm so bullish on its numbers, I think it will attract both men and women. The pairing of actors is really inspired for a romantic action comedy.

The fact there there is a couple in the movie is clear but i thought wasn't the center, while reviews are basically saying is first of all a romantic movie. 

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Im definitely getting Free Guy vibes from this. Not super crazy, but a very solid crowdpleaser.

If this only does Free Guy numbers it will be a disappointment. It cost 150 m and it's getting the kickoff to summer slot in 2024. Free Guy opened in Aug of 21 when moviegoing was still slowly coming back. 

$125 mil which is still surprisingly high. though I think the studio would be ok with a Free Guy WW number. This is not gonna be like a Marvel tentpole, I think everyone is braced for that reality. It's more like a frothier extension of the April adult-driven slate. 

Edited by AniNate

350M WW would be great for this, I'm sure everyone involved would be pretty happy with it. Having said that, I'm thinking over 400M WW.

Early reviews are looking so gooood on RT, I really didn't expect so many raves.

• Like 1

RT has now some official review from slashfilm, Guardian, the playlist, vulture, variety and they are positive. So It's not like only  early reactions from bloggers invited at the Premiere.

Good. I think at the end of everytjing could get a 68-73 final range on metacritic and 75-80% on RT. Not bad. 

Gosling (expect for Netflix movies of course 😭) is always a gurantee for at least decent movie.

Edited by vale9001

Felt good about this one for a while. Thought Bullet Train was supremely lame, but the Gosling/Blunt duo here looked so much more fun than anything in the last 3 Leitch movies. Not as bullish as i was before w/ $70m, but I can see it hitting $55-60m OW pretty easily. May is pretty much empty until Furiosa, so I could see it getting some good legs too

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Felt good about this one for a while. Thought Bullet Train was supremely lame, but the Gosling/Blunt duo here looked so much more fun than anything in the last 3 Leitch movies. Not as bullish as i was before w/ $70m, but I can see it hitting $55-60m OW pretty easily. May is pretty much empty until Furiosa, so I could see it getting some good legs too

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes and IF are released between. May has at least one 100m+ tentpole each weekend. It will lose PLF's it's second weekend and bleed more screens/showings in the subsequent weeks. That being said, I think it will likely still have decent legs given the early reception, but I don't think it's quite the same barren landscape as, say, right now for Dune2 and KFP4.