Eric Duncan

The Fall Guy | May 3, 2024 | Universal | Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt | Based off the 80s TV show

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

In two days there will be the first screenings at the SXSW and so probably some reaction. 

Tomorrow night at 6:00 PT so probably reactions and reviews starting sometime after 8:00 or so. 

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Man Universal hit the free publicty for this jackpot last night at the Oscars.

But interestingly they didn’t show a trailer during the ceremony. Which was weird. I saw spots for Inside Out 2, Monkey Man, The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare and Challengers. 

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

People are underestimating this. Barring toxic reviews I think this should do solid numbers.

Toxic reviews don't seem like they'll be an issue based on reactions

I was one of the skeptics I admit, but sounds like we got another SXSW winner here. Spring season looks like it could be cookin

• Like 1

I couldn’t figure out how to copy the whole quote with her user name from threads but this is from Perry Nemiroff. I don’t use Threads that often:

Impeccably paced, super thrilling and loaded with the best kind of wildly charming star power. It works on every single level but I’m just totally floored by the utter delight I felt watching an extremely well executed movie designed to celebrate stunt performers — and ALL the unsung heroes in this industry.

A contender for best of SXSW 2024 … and best of the year. ❤️🎥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still not sold on the box office potential but glad the reviews came in as hyped - I remember all the pre-hype of Bullet Train reviews and it stunk up the joint (terrible movie). I actually think Deadpool 2 is his best movie by far and it seems to hit more of that tone.

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Still not sold on the box office potential but glad the reviews came in as hyped - I remember all the pre-hype of Bullet Train reviews and it stunk up the joint (terrible movie). I actually think Deadpool 2 is his best movie by far and it seems to hit more of that tone.

Everything is going right for this movie right now. No it will not have a 100 million OW or something but 50+ and great legs are going to happen. 

Oh so the rom com part is strong on this according to reactions. I didn't get it that much from trailers. So could take the women too (gosling sells better the female the driven movies imo). So seems to have the action and romantic...interesting. 

Edited by vale9001