Eric Duncan

The Fall Guy | May 3, 2024 | Universal | Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt | Based off the 80s TV show

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Second trailer not as good as the first. Think it actually showed a little too much

Will agree the trailer is a little too long. Universal for some reason likes to cut long trailers. But overall still a pretty dam good trailer that makes the movie look like such a blast and knowing that is probably true based on the early reviews is great. 

70 million is the new 100 Million, I guess, in the new world of reduced theater attendance.'

Yes, the occasiona film might do a 100 Million opening, but they are going to be a lot fewer then they used to be.

The marketing for this has been unremarkable so far. We shall see what happens this month but they need to kick it up into high gear if they want this film to be profitable with the reported budget. Right now I’m thinking  this does around The Lost City numbers.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

I think the marketing has been just fine so far. The trailers have been well cut and exciting.  Having said that it does seems like based on tracking with 3 and a half weeks to go that it has not broken through to the GA enough yet to have a 40m+ OW. There is still time. The main last stretch of marketing starts today with the CinemaCom screening. Assuming the audience WOM matches the reviews legs should be good to great but it may not mean enough to turn a profit if it only opens to 35-40 or so. Fingers Crossed it starts to acclerate in these final weeks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

So any word on reactions from CinemaCon?

The screening started at like 6:45PT  or so. The movie is two hours so around 9:00. I see no reason  for reactions not to be good based on the reviews and reactions out of SWSW. 

Edited by emoviefan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The screening started at like 6:45PT  or so. The movie is two hours so around 9:00. I see no reason  for reactions not to be good based on the reviews and reactions out of SWSW. 

I honestly didn't even realize reviews had already been released. 🙃

Reading more reactions for this coming out of the Cinema Con screening. If this movie does not break out and be a big hit then I do not  want to hear people saying the studios do not how to make anything but big CG fests or something. People got to put their money where their mouth is and support them when they knock a old fashioned throwback star vehicle out of the park.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Reading more reactions for this coming out of the Cinema Con screening. If this movie does not break out and be a big hit then I do not  want to hear people saying the studios do not how to make anything but big CG fests or something. People got to put their money where their mouth is and support them when they knock a old fashioned throwback star vehicle out of the park.

Ah yes remakes of 80s TV shows starring Lee Majors, truly what auteur cinema is all about!

7 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Ah yes remakes of 80s TV shows starring Lee Majors, truly what auteur cinema is all about!

Never one did I say this was auteur cinema or even close to that but if you need to a reason to make a snarky asshat comment go ahead. 

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Never one did I say this was auteur cinema or even close to that but if you need to a reason to make a snarky asshat comment go ahead. 

Some of us don't particularly like the "star era" mentality even though we grew up with it. Also the many remakes of old (and now unwatched) TV shows that used to clutter up multiplexes.