YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Biggest animated movie of all time! We aren’t Pixover but Pixulling Back!

I'll go with the original opening weekend unadjusted. Does seem like it has a lot going for it, but also the Disney and Pixar brands don't have the luster they used to and there's a lot more skepticism now about everything they put out. Can see $100mil+ if reviews are on the 8.0+ average rating level, but they're skipping Cannes so probably won't have an idea of that until a couple weeks before release at earliest.

8 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Tickets on sale May 14th, finally 

Any last minute OW predictions before tickets go on sale?

I think it will do $120m OW.

5 hours ago, AniNate said:

I'll go with the original opening weekend unadjusted. Does seem like it has a lot going for it, but also the Disney and Pixar brands don't have the luster they used to and there's a lot more skepticism now about everything they put out. Can see $100mil+ if reviews are on the 8.0+ average rating level, but they're skipping Cannes so probably won't have an idea of that until a couple weeks before release at earliest.

My guess is that reviews won't drop until the week of release. Like Lightyear and Turning Red.

• Like 1

Inside Out is one my favorite films ever but I just don’t have the same level of optimism for opening weekend (or final worldwide gross) for IO2 as other people. I would be love to be wrong though. I’d be happy if it matches the first one.

Posted (edited)

Adjusted for inflation, Inside Out (2015) opened to $118 million domestic, to an adjusted total of a whopping $450 million domestic (original unadjusted numbers would be $356 million final total off of a $90 million weekend)

If it increases, I could see $130 million opening domestically. But if it really breaks out I could see $150m+. And if it has similar legs to the first film, it could reach a whopping $512-591 million domestic! Pixar sequels often increase from their predecessors. Incredibles 2, Finding Dory and Toy Story 4 are just a few examples of sequels that increased from their previous entry. Combine that with the international numbers and we could be seeing Disney’s first 1 billion dollar film (if you don’t count Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) as Disney, which I do) since Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019). 

Edited by AnthonyJPHer
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have a hard time believing this'll increase in admissions on opening weekend, whatever the reviews look like. The original's opening weekend was quite big as it was, and I just don't think rush demand is what it used to be for family films.

Edited by AniNate

I don't really know what to expect WW, given different exchange rates from now to 2015.But since Elemental made $342 million outside US+Canada, I expect at least $400m OS for Inside Out 2.

I expect legs around the Finding Dory/Incredibles 2/Toy Story 3 range, which is from 3.3x to 3.6x. The original Inside Out had legs of almost 4x, which I don't think will happen for this one.

So maybe a range of 396m dom - 432m dom is what I expect? Seems a bit high though. Combine that with $450m OS, I expect $850m WW.