YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

On 10/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, Mojoguy said:

Are the Wish dolls out in stores yet?

They were put up at my Target earlier this week. Just an endcap with not a ton of stuff. Also a lot less than what Little Mermaid had earlier this year, but also this isn't an established property, so I get it. One thing I was hoping for was a plushie/pillow of the star dude, but I'm sure that will come later. Who knows?

23 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Japanese trailer with some new footage

Nice.

Japan always does Disney animation film marketing better than the US.

I remember they put out the first trailer of Frozen focusing on Elsa showing some actual plot, compared to the Olaf comedy the US was advertising the movie was.

• Like 2

And just like that I've lost almost all of my faith in the project being a hit as well as most of my interest. It's just a snippet but like it is pretty shitty. There shouldn't be a world where Trolls does a villain song better than Disney.

• Knock It Off 1

47 minutes ago, YM! said:

And just like that I've lost almost all of my faith in the project being a hit as well as most of my interest. It's just a snippet but like it is pretty shitty. There shouldn't be a world where Trolls does a villain song better than Disney.

That doesn't feel like a Disney song, but hey, it is hard to judge a song by listening to only 15 seconds of it, especially in a musical.

Also the link says "possible part of the song", so it isn't 100% sure. The app did recognize it as a Wish song though.

Edited by Arlborn

57 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That doesn't feel like a Disney song, but hey, it is hard to judge a song by listening to only 15 seconds of it, especially in a musical.

Also the link says "possible part of the song", so it isn't 100% sure. The app did recognize it as a Wish song though.

Maybe it'll sound better in context and with the full song but heavily disappointed with this so far. All that matters is the target audience digs it and maybe the other songs would be better was just hoping for a strong villain song.

On the bright side, This Wish is showing steady traction on Youtube. Not like earth-shattering movement but the lyric video is at 700K views so far, and should reach 1M by the end of the week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, YM! said:

I heard the snippet on IG and honestly I am just struggling to understand the idea so far but again, it's only 15 seconds.

I did hear a little of the group song and...ok that also doesn't sound great.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:47 AM, Eric Mouse said:

They were put up at my Target earlier this week. Just an endcap with not a ton of stuff. Also a lot less than what Little Mermaid had earlier this year, but also this isn't an established property, so I get it. One thing I was hoping for was a plushie/pillow of the star dude, but I'm sure that will come later. Who knows?

There's two on ShopDisney and one lights up 🥺

2 minutes ago, Eric Mouse said:

lol this sounds fine guys. 

Ok him kicking the armor made me laugh out loud. I hope his other song is a little darker and leans more into the villain songs of the past but I'm happy to hear Chris sing again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AniNate said:

If this movie ends up a critically acclaimed hit this thread will go down as a case study for the cynical fan culture that results in all these kneejerk negative overreactions to promotional material

It's probably going to get a 85%+ on Rotten Tomatoes. I mean even Elemental, which started out rough got to 75%.

• Like 1

What's with all these songs being so busy, both lyrically and melodically? The best Disney songs of movies past were easily sing-alongable. "I Wish" and "This is the Thanks I Get?!" both sound like they're trying to copy the songs of Encanto without understanding the only song that really took off was "We Don't Talk About Bruno" which had a very catchy hook.

• Like 2