YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

13 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

is the "100 years in the making" tag-line a totally superficial piece of marketing or is it actually reflected in the movie in some way? 

Bit of both. Superficial in that apart from Easter Eggs there's nothing but reflected in that there's way more easter eggs than normal with characters being based on classic characters and items being present.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AniNate said:

Yeah it's yet another song that makes me side eye at first and then slowly slithers its way into my auditory cortex.

Everything released so far has been like the Tripledent gum joke

This is how I’ve always felt about Frozen’s soundtrack and precisely why I don’t like it (it’s catchy but in an I just don’t want it in my head kind of way). So that doesn’t sound great for me. Would much prefer Moana/Encanto catchy but music I actually want to hear. 

I mean I still think frozen's soundtrack was simply overexposure but I have more willingly gone back and listened to this all on my own terms here. The initial samples just happen to have not been the most flattering parts of the songs out of context.

I probably would've felt the same about You're Welcome or Shiny if I listened to those before release.

Edited by AniNate

I finally nailed why the songs are good in theory but don't hit 100% for me;

Ariana's voice and delivery saves This Wish

The lyrics save Thanks I Get

The voice save Welcome to Rosas.

The lyrics are really the weak point. I'm glad Julia Michaels is getting some experience but having these lyrics for your centennial celebration gives it an overtly simple feeling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

I finally nailed why the songs are good in theory but don't hit 100% for me;

Ariana's voice and delivery saves This Wish

The lyrics save Thanks I Get

The voice save Welcome to Rosas.

The lyrics are really the weak point. I'm glad Julia Michaels is getting some experience but having these lyrics for your centennial celebration gives it an overtly simple feeling.

Still stand by the only reason we’re getting Michaels is because Chapek was too cheap to hire an actual musical writer and not so much based on being wowed. Kind of like what they’re doing with IO2.

I would have left out the line about the grandfather's wish and saved it for dialogue afterward. Like how, yes, in The Family Madrigal, Mirabel talks about everyone else and people are left wondering about her gift before you learn she doesn't have one.

Spoiler

"OH, what did you wish for, Asha?"  "Me? Nothing, but my grandfather made this wish when he was a young man, and it still hasn't been granted."

On 10/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, Morieris said:

I like that a lot so far. The style is more of what I expected with this music and not generic pop.

It reminds me of music from Elena of Avalor.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, YM! said:

This is kind of mediocre even considering where Disney is at now. It’s not enough for 200m and would put 150m in question on a 50m five day.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/box-office-wish-napoleon-projection-1235591106/

Meh.  I think this is just Deadline being Deadline. Feel confident 5 day will be close to 80M