YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

1 hour ago, ZeroHour said:

Yeah that's true. I can't remember the last time the cast press tour moved the needle much for one of these films though. The only big name here is Pine (DeBose may have an Oscar but I don't think the GA knows who she is).

Ehh for the 100th they're gonna want as much press as they can get

Yeah that is the one problem I have with Moana, pig got the shaft for no apparent reason. Pascal is still the gold standard of the CGI era.

Fortunately it doesn't seem their screentime will be an issue here. Thought it was hilarious that the Strange World marketing only bothered to promote their sidekicks right as the movie was about to release, and it was a very desperate "See, this movie has cute sidekicks too!" tone

Edited by AniNate

WDAS saving Disney’s asses this year would make me wildly happy. It’s the heart of the brand, always has been, and Disney could honestly stand to be reminded of that right now. Not getting too hopeful though since the drastic dip in quality with Strange World still has me nervous. Historically, something like that signals the beginning of a slump for the studio. 

• Like 1

Does seem like Disney is a lot more invested in this than Strange World. Like they know exactly what people want out of their movies and that's what the marketing has shown off so far.

Smartest move by far has been promoting that little snippet of one of the songs in the trailer. Soundtrack authenticity is something a lot of movie campaigns disregard and I think it's a sorely underrated aspect of movie marketing. Definitely think Elemental might've had a better opening if they promoted the Lauv song or even the score in the marketing.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2