YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

All of Disney's animated November releases going back to Tangled have had their first trailer released in June/July (besides Ralph and Frozen 2), so a teaser now is surprisingly early. I'm guessing Disney wants to restore faith in their animated movies and make up for the sins of Strange World by giving Wish a strong marketing push.  

Also, I kinda hate the title for this solely because makes it hard to search and find posts about the movie on social media lol

6 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I appreciate what they're trying to do and I won't fault them for it but it really does look like slightly more expensive CGI they use for their Playhouse Disney shows.

Yeah not sure how I feel on it. Sometimes it works in some shots in the teaser, other times it looks like TV animation. Not sure if the style they like will work but we’ll see. Was hoping something a bit more like Bad Guys in terms of CG/2D blending.

Anyways, pretty confident this ends up being a hit. Enough to get Disney Animation/Pixar to bounce back come 2024. Seems like GA catnip. SpiderVerse aesthetic + big Disney musical with a clear villain with marketing trying to play up a comeback angle. Really good chance at doing Moana numbers.

17 minutes ago, YM! said:

Yeah not sure how I feel on it. Sometimes it works in some shots in the teaser, other times it looks like TV animation. Not sure if the style they like will work but we’ll see. Was hoping something a bit more like Bad Guys in terms of CG/2D blending.

Anyways, pretty confident this ends up being a hit. Enough to get Disney Animation/Pixar to bounce back come 2024. Seems like GA catnip. SpiderVerse aesthetic + big Disney musical with a clear villain with marketing trying to play up a comeback angle. Really good chance at doing Moana numbers.

It's a step up from what WDAS has been doing before and I suspect that this might be a way of bringing the two mediums of 2D and CGI together and it'll only get better with each new film. 

It's interesting that studios have been embracing cel shaded CGI films, we saw it with Spider-Verse but also to a lesser extent with Tom and Jerry but I think we are going back to an era where realism takes a backseat. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I appreciate what they're trying to do and I won't fault them for it but it really does look like slightly more expensive CGI they use for their Playhouse Disney shows.

I googled what this was to see a comparison and... I have no earthly idea how you got this comparison

jungle-junction.jpg

• Haha 1