Eric Prime

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BLACK ADAM SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

Brosnan has such a remarkably likable but commanding presence. He is the definition of warm but competent. He needs much better films and would have made such a good Alfred in The Batman.

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Brosnan has such a remarkably likable but commanding presence. He is the definition of warm but competent. He needs much better films and would have made such a good Alfred in The Batman.

Alfred can't be more handsome than Mr Wayne. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay, that movie was wack. 3, maybe 3.5 out of 5 for me. Would have been higher but for all the slo-mo and some catastrophically bad musical cues that took me out of scenes altogether. Also, I know this was made for geeks, but shouldn't there have been at least a passing nod to the JSA's backstory? Because we just suddenly meet all these people without any explanation as to who they are or what this organization is that they're a part of, and it's really strange. And I say that as someone who does know who they are... I can't imagine how confused somebody from the G.A. would be. Anyway, complaints aside, Pierce was great, as expected, it was fun to look at, and the last 45 minutes rocked, so I left the theater reasonably happy, even if that much-advertised bonus scene didn't quite carry the impact I had hoped.

I did find it odd that they glossed over the fact Black Adam was the one who released the Seven Deadly Sins into the world, the Wizard is in the next Shazam film so perhaps they might explain it fully plus the fact Adrianna was able to release him from his slumber, that suggests she has suppressed magical abilities. 

Edited by Jonwo

21 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Figures.  The actor that got the best reviews/fan feedback gets offed in the movie.   :dunce:

Part of why he got the best reviews / feedback was also because of his character arc where he sacrifices. Nothing confusing here.

It’s been a good decade since I have read any new, weekly DC comics, so I don’t know if they did another soft reboot that I just wasn’t paying attention to. Because I want to know when they turned Hawkman into Black Panther? 

But I’m curious where this choice came about and was it from the comics or was it something that came from the film studio. 

This film was literally just Aldris for two hours, cosplaying his audition for the recast. Not that I’m opposed. I love Hodge. And they should recast him as T’Challa. And I’m very very sad that he’s stuck in this franchise and not that one. We didn’t get on-screen canon Leverage OT3 because of this. Truly the darkest of timelines. 

32 minutes ago, Cap said:

This film was literally just Aldris for two hours, cosplaying his audition for the recast. Not that I’m opposed. I love Hodge. And they should recast him as T’Challa. 

100% agreed; I would argue that if Dr Fate didn't sacrifice himself - everyone's favourite character from the film would be Hawkman.

He got the looks, the acting, the physique, the authority to be T'Challa.

Anyway I am just glad Aldris gets a chance to be in a mainstream superhero film at this stage; hopefully he can be lead in a JSA film.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

100% agreed; I would argue that if Dr Fate didn't sacrifice himself - everyone's favourite character from the film would be Hawkman.

He got the looks, the acting, the physique, the authority to be T'Challa.

Anyway I am just glad Aldris gets a chance to be in a mainstream superhero film at this stage; hopefully he can be lead in a JSA film.

he absolutely put my butt in the seat. I went for him and him alone.

I do question the logic of how they introduced to the JSA. They’re supposed to be the new cool superhero team, yet they introduced them as like some imperialist/police force/nobody likes them. It didn’t really endear me to the characters or to the purpose. They served in the story. I think if it wasn’t for the four actors being so charming, I probably would’ve been like OK so these are the bad guys? There’s a really I’m talking to? And that could’ve been an interesting story line, but we didn’t really go there. It just felt weird.

13 hours ago, Cap said:

he absolutely put my butt in the seat. I went for him and him alone.

I do question the logic of how they introduced to the JSA. They’re supposed to be the new cool superhero team, yet they introduced them as like some imperialist/police force/nobody likes them. It didn’t really endear me to the characters or to the purpose. They served in the story. I think if it wasn’t for the four actors being so charming, I probably would’ve been like OK so these are the bad guys? There’s a really I’m talking to? And that could’ve been an interesting story line, but we didn’t really go there. It just felt weird.

I don't think it's correct to say nobody likes them but as Adrianna pointed out, no one came to help Kahndaq when the Intergang invaded but yet when Black Adam came on the scene then suddenly the superheroes came to stop him. 

I was thinking about this today but I think Adrianna and to an extent her son who are major characters in the comics will end up getting powers in a sequel which potentially sets up a conflict between the Shazamily and the Black Adam Family. 

It was better than I was expecting. It's the type of movie clearly made for the audiences and it worked because my theatre really responded well. Great action, good effects, great casting, great lead. I know most of people had Brosnan as their fave but mines was Aldis... he is perfect in the role. The credit scene had huge cheers.

Overall, it felt like a fast-paced Aquaman directed by Zack Snyder. The boy skateboarding the whole movie was annoying and has not the same charisma as Freddy in Shazam. It started strong, second act was not good and the third was better than I was expecting by the reviews but final fight played like a videogame (also I liked the design of the villain).

I think that it's the case that if it was a MCU movie, it would be called a well-done-in-the-formula movie, like Shang Chi was. Generic but effective.

I will give it something between 6.5 and 7, so 6.8.

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:18 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I think it was Dalton who was rumored to be Alfred. He would been very good as well. 

Anthony Hopkins... it's kind of crazy Warner Bros. hasn't roped him in for Alfred in a Batman iteration, yet!

Someone has been an extremely naughty boy applying false offences.. you’re not as smart as you think you are. Superman landing at the end hopefully is a good omen for this movie.

Edited by VENOM