YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

I'd personally be surprised if Tar had a higher PTA/first weekend in 4 theaters than Banshees of Inisherin. I agree that banshees feels lowkey and weird, but that seems slightly more audience and way less weird than Tar

To me, for Banshees, it's a matter of can it hold onto theatrical exclusivity through December to when we get to Awards noms?

Edited by Pinacolada

1 minute ago, Pinacolada said:

I'd personally be surprised if Tar had a higher PTA/first weekend in 4 theaters than Banshees of Inisherin. I agree that banshees feels lowkey and weird, but that seems slightly more audience and way less weird than Tar

Tar is completely unconcerned with the audience. The ENTIRE credits play before the movie starts lol. 

Halloween Ends is looking like it's headed for an almost identical run to Friday the 13th '09 at this rate. Even if it's already profitable, really pathetic for such an iconic franchise.

The theater I went to tonight was slammed for both Black Adam and Ticket to Paradise. Gotta feel happy for theaters whenever a big weekend like this comes around.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

No one said it’s not getting a sequel, people just like to assume things, no one really knows what’s gonna happen tbh. 

John Campea says the script for the BA sequel has already been finished and turned in. He said they’ll be ready to start filming in four months or so. Campea says the movie needs to make around $450m ww and a quick green light will follow.

Edited by Serpico Jones

12 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Right as rt suggested. Not great not terrible 

Yeah, right on the money. Left some room open for A- based on previous Dwayne movies (Last I checked, Hobbs & Shaw was at the same verified RT and got A-), but it seemed pretty definitively B+ otherwise when it came to DC/comic book movies.

Same score as both Suicide Squads, Justice League, and WW84 (all of which had steep declines) could mean bad news for next weekend, suppose we'll see.

Edited by datpepper
  • Like 1

Getting B/B+ vibes from TTP. 

Past Roberts Cinemascores from her prime: 

Steel Magnolias: A 

Pretty Woman: A 

Flatliners: B+ 

Sleeping with the Enemy: A- 

Pelican Brief: B+ 

My Best Friends Wedding: A-

Stepmom: A

Notting Hill: B+ 

Runaway Bride: A-

Erin Brockovich: A

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Getting B/B+ vibes from TTP. 

Past Roberts Cinemascores from her prime: 

Steel Magnolias: A 

Pretty Woman: A 

Flatliners: B+ 

Sleeping with the Enemy: A- 

Pelican Brief: B+ 

My Best Friends Wedding: A-

Stepmom: A

Runaway Bride: A-

Erin Brockovich: A

Steel Magnolias is great, to be fair.

15 minutes ago, Flopped said:

How did Notting Hill only get a B+. That's still my favorite romcom ending of all time and one I've seen more than most movies.

Sleeping with the Enemy is weird in that Bollywood has remade it 4 times. Definitely the most remade Hollywood movie in India, even The Godfather only had 3 remakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How did Notting Hill only get a B+. 

It's very good but it's pretty talky and British. I thought that added to the movie's charm and gave it a certain naturalism and ease. It still earned a massive $364M even with that B+