YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

5 minutes ago, Flopped said:

It's very good but it's pretty talky and British. I thought that added to the movie's charm and gave it a certain naturalism and ease. It still earned a massive $364M even with that B+

And opened the same weekend as The Phantom Menace. Talk about fortune favoring the bold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

And opened the same weekend as The Phantom Menace. Talk about fortune favoring the bold.

Random Julia box office fact: In 1991, Sleeping with the Enemy had the biggest opening ever ($13M) for a movie headlined by a woman (solo). 

3 hours ago, Flopped said:

Random Julia box office fact: In 1991, Sleeping with the Enemy had the biggest opening ever ($13M) for a movie headlined by a woman (solo). 

Geeze, how times have changed.

What's the record now?

The Force Awakens?

Beauty and the Beast?

Captain Marvel?

5 hours ago, Flopped said:

It's very good but it's pretty talky and British. I thought that added to the movie's charm and gave it a certain naturalism and ease. It still earned a massive $364M even with that B+

The legs were amazing.

5.32x(3 days)

4.18x(4 days)

58 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

These Sunday holds? For both. It’s October. Everything in the top 7 last Sunday fell at least -36%. 

I was just having some fun my friend. Black Adam is straight up impossible. I just wanted to reach the 70M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I was just having some fun my friend. Black Adam is straight up impossible. I just wanted to reach the 70M.

Not impossible - it just needs one of those old-timey Marvel Saturdays:)...Marvel doesn't have them anymore, so maybe some other movie can...

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not impossible - it just needs one of those old-timey Marvel Saturdays:)...Marvel doesn't have them anymore, so maybe some other movie can...

I don't think the muted Saturday only applied to Marvel now, it is been forever since I got a wow Saturday number. The turnout rate from family just isn't the same anymore and that is why animation is still suffer now. 

• Like 2

Those are some really good Friday numbers for the new releases: Black Adam appears to be headed towards the highest IM (~8.5x) of any CBM (expect maybe Labor Day inflated Shang-Chi) and any non-animated opening over $50M in the post pandemic period. Also breaking the $60M curse

And for TTP, waiting to see how Saturday goes, but that Thur/Fri ratio is VERY high, especially given what we've seen over the last 2 months

I guess the Yankees/Astros game just kept some people home on Thursday (certainly not Saints/Cardinals)

• Like 1