Flopped

Weekday (24 Oct - 27 Oct) Thread

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Is Veteran's day normally an off-day for school? I was looking at this year's since it's the Friday BP releases and all the schools in the area still have it. 

Generally, yes (unless the 11th falls on a Saturday or Sunday). That's why family (or kid-adjacent) movies usually see by far the biggest bumps out of everything on that day every year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Green F***ing Lantern? Are they really straight comping a late JUNE Thursday to one in October???

I really don’t comprehended the lengths people will go to spinning numbers to 💩 on DC films. Like there’s plenty to legitimately criticize without making these clearly skewed comparisons

Edited by M37
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Eternals $6,2

Awaiting goal post moving excuses.

Did you miss that all movies increased about 100% on that Thursday? I wonder why that might have been?

Could not have been because of a holiday weekend because that would just be absurd now.

• Like 1

With Black Adam, i'm just curious to see if it gets a china release date and what numbers that yields cause that is what will determine whether this movie has a a respectable gross or not

Edited by GOGODanca

‘Black Adam’ Super $83M+ First Week, Eyes $27M+ 2nd Frame; ‘Prey For The Devil’ Previews – Box Office
https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-adam-super-83m-first-week-eyes-27m-2nd-frame-prey-for-the-devil-previews-box-office-1235157235/

Spoiler

New Line/DC’s Black Adam ends its first week with $83.4M, which is slightly ahead of what Dwayne Johnson’s Fast & Furious spinoff Hobbs & Shaw did in its first week at $83.1M. That’s impressive considering that this is a deeper universe DC character, and the other was connected to a long-established franchise, not to mention it debuted in the summer. Hobbs & Shaw ended its domestic run at $173.9M. The pic’s second weekend was $36.5M, and currently Black Adam is expected to come in lighter at $27M-$30M in weekend two. 

The Rock has to be paying these articles 😅

Edited by Durden

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Green F***ing Lantern? Are they really straight comping a late JUNE Thursday to one in October???

I really don’t comprehended the lengths people will go to spinning numbers to 💩 on DC films. Like there’s plenty to legitimately criticize without making these clearly skewed comparisons

ERC should be on everyone's block list. They're garbage.

• Like 5

On 10/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, datpepper said:

It's like the trend of adding "The" before a title to signify it's a new movie (The Predator, The Suicide Squad, The Batman), but in reverse!

Shoulda gone with The The Plane

• Haha 2