V For Vendetta

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Hmmmm ...It's a dark comic with some very cynic looks at humanity, no wonder the film is not much fun either. They tried their best to infuse some fun and action but it didn't really pay off. The problem is that the story is at its heart pure arthouse fare (the general public doesn't like such all-encompassing cynicism), but they tried to tell some kind of superhero tale. It just doesn't compute. See Watchmen.Those gripes aside, the production values are very good, the acting ok (Natalie Portman really stands out) and the translation from comic to film doesn't lose too much background; moving the tale from the comic's 50s/60s-style to a contemporary setting was ok with me. It's an intelligent story well worth watching, but if you're looking for quick entertainment, look elsewhere.

"I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the worlds turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you."

A+

• Like 1

A+ never gets old to bad none of my friends have the patience to sit through it.

Get some new friends.Also, I love this movie and it still sits at #5 of my all-time top 5 comic book/sh movies (just behind IM, SM2, BB and TDK).

Ok... I totally didn't expect this to be THAT great. I was totally blown away, especially in scenes where V has those speeches about freedom. Totally amazing... This is an solid A.

I knew from the first line when Portman said "Remember, remember the 5th of November" that it was going to be epic.

A+

• Like 1

Hmmmm ...It's a dark comic with some very cynic looks at humanity, no wonder the film is not much fun either. They tried their best to infuse some fun and action but it didn't really pay off. The problem is that the story is at its heart pure arthouse fare (the general public doesn't like such all-encompassing cynicism), but they tried to tell some kind of superhero tale. It just doesn't compute. See Watchmen.Those gripes aside, the production values are very good, the acting ok (Natalie Portman really stands out) and the translation from comic to film doesn't lose too much background; moving the tale from the comic's 50s/60s-style to a contemporary setting was ok with me. It's an intelligent story well worth watching, but if you're looking for quick entertainment, look elsewhere.

Well no one mentioned them above...As everyone only gave Portman any love....but I thought Hugo Weaving · Stephen Rea were both good in this

I also thought that there was some funny stuff that came from V...and the love story of the other woman prisioner was tragic and interesting.

Well no one mentioned them above...As everyone only gave Portman any love....but I thought Hugo Weaving · Stephen Rea were both good in this

I also thought that there was some funny stuff that came from V...and the love story of the other woman prisioner was tragic and interesting.

I did like Hugo Weaving a lot. The only thing I couldn't stand was V's hair. It didn't match at all...

I still remember how I practically flew out of the theater when I went to see this, it was an incredible feeling because I had little idea what to expect from this movie - it just sounded like the only appealing one of all that were playing in theaters that week, so I thought why not. At the time, me being 12, it was one of the first films that really made me notice the power of editing - it's really full of beautifully cut sequences and montages that would give me chills even today, even if I now acknowledge the complete lack of subtlety. Weaving and Portman give it their all and I can't argue with the power of that ending.