Eric Prime

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

Looking over all of the numbers in the tracking thread, I've got a few confidence levels for BPWF's opening weekend....

> $25M previews = 99%

> $26M previews = 94%

> $27M previews = 77%

> $28M previews = 59%

> $29M previews = 33%

> $30M previews = 16%

> $31M previews = 7%

> $32M previews = 1%

> $160M OW = 99% 

> $165M OW = 98%

> $170M OW = 91%

> $175M OW = 78%

> $180M OW = 62%

> $185M OW = 43%
> $190M OW = 29%

> $195M OW = 11%

> $200M OW = 4% 

• Like 2

The first one did 517M OS without China + Russia + Ukraine. Considering the awful exchange rates, change of habits, economic crysis, MCU fatigue and poorly received recent entries on both movies and TV sides, I would say a 400M OS total is a win.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Looking over all of the numbers in the tracking thread, I've got a few confidence levels for BPWF's opening weekend....

> $25M previews = 99%

> $26M previews = 94%

> $27M previews = 77%

> $28M previews = 59%

> $29M previews = 33%

> $30M previews = 16%

> $31M previews = 7%

> $32M previews = 1%

> $160M OW = 99% 

> $165M OW = 98%

> $170M OW = 91%

> $175M OW = 78%

> $180M OW = 62%

> $185M OW = 43%
> $190M OW = 29%

> $195M OW = 11%

> $200M OW = 4% 

I dont know what the generel expectations for this movie were/are, but an OW in the 170 - 180M range for BP2 would be very good in my book. The first one was a cultural phenomenon in the US and had added IW Hype, while the sequel has a lot of hurdles in its way (which many here have already pointed out). 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LVB said:

My Twitter feed is predominantly in Spanish and most of the reactions I've read so far are positive. I don't follow a lot of Mexicans, though.

Reviews from Spain are just fine. Some people call it better than the first one but of course we don't know how the story will translate for some audience members.

From Mexican side it seems to be doing well both in reviews and reactions but nothing astounding. It also seems to be getting a better reception than the first one but of course there's some skew and still pacing is the negative aspect that gets brought up the most.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

All audience should be ignored for the same reason that we never took RT scores seriously before the system switched. 

Verified currently 92%, will bounce around until the sample size gets large enough so let's see where it lands. 

Do audience scores drop quickly the way critic scores do?

I head-canon the HELL out of TROS with another story imbedded in there. It's the only way I can sleep at night LOL.

Anyway-DAMN RT! Why does it say 100+ reviews at 92%one minute and then, 5 minutes later when I refresh, it says fewer than 50 reviews at 86%?

Edited by jedijake

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Anyway-DAMN RT! Why does it say 100+ reviews at 92%one minute and then, 5 minutes later when I refresh, it says fewer than 50 reviews at 86%?

RT is trying to handle all the reviews coming in, and their servers aren’t great. Just take a breather, because it will all be clear and stable tomorrow

33 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Audiences Scores are starting to pop up on RT
86% Verified, 4.5 out of 5 Avg Score. Less than 50 votes so it will def change.
67% All Audiences, 3.6 out of 5 Avg Score. 1k+ votes

The all audiences is filled with many giving it either one stars or five stars. Pretty hard reviewbombing and fanboying going on there. Will never understand people that reviewbomb shit. 

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

RT is trying to handle all the reviews coming in, and their servers aren’t great. Just take a breather, because it will all be clear and stable tomorrow

Thanks! But there's no breathing allowed. Breathing is for p*$$ies when it comes to your most anticipated movie in 3 years LOL.

But yeah, thanks for the intel.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I mean, EC is right in that tweet. Walk-ups are much much stronger for this tonight than either of 2022’s MCU entries.

no one should be surprised by this; I’d explain why but I’ve been saying it for months lol

still think this will be the top domestic opening this year; obviously we’ll see but feeling good vibes as I Uber to my screening

• Like 4