Eric Furiosa

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

So at amc north lake 14 in Charlotte, every single showing for Friday is already sold out(including imax) except the 11:45 am 3d showing and it is only 9 seats away from selling out. 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

The more we head into the weekend the more confident I am that WF will surprise for good. WOM seems really strong. Walkups are really strong. And Friday presales are really strong.

Could this weekend be the highest of the year? It needs to surpass 238.4M overall gross of July 7-9

12 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Oh I've been forgetting. It's too late for a proper one at this point but remind me on mon-wed for quantumania if you want

In practice I think expectations have been lowered enough from PS start and mon-wed that it would take missing 160 to cause true meltdowns around here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I don't think 175m to 185m is a sign of franchise fatigue. 

The first one was a pop culture phenomenon. 

How many sequels can top a first film that's a pop culture phenomenon? 

DGA Quarterly Magazine | Summer 2008 | DGA Interview - James Cameron

6 weeks to go

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I don't think 175m to 185m is a sign of franchise fatigue. 

The first one was a pop culture phenomenon. 

How many sequels can top a first film that's a pop culture phenomenon? 

MCU has yet to show signs of franchise fatigue BO wise. It's just that after Endgame, we have returned to IM3, Civil War, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy level, with some exceptions.

Latest 4th phase movies opened to 260M, 187M and 144M.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

DGA Quarterly Magazine | Summer 2008 | DGA Interview - James Cameron

6 weeks to go

Avatar 2 will be opposite of Black Panther 2 and Spider-Man 2 box office wise as far as opening weekend goes.

I think it will open to 120m and finish with 650m domestic.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

It is unfair to compare BP1 and BP2. Wakanda was hyped as crucial location for IW, and IW hype indirectly hyped the movie. 

Hi guys.

Also there’s no T’Challa. It’s like a Batman movie without Bruce Wayne or a Superman movie without Clark Kent. It’s remarkable it can open so big and possibly above Multiverse of Madness without its main character. I know people who would have seen the movie with Chadwick but won’t now because they don’t see the point of the movie without T’Challa. Other people are put off by the seemingly somber tone.
With the movie Coogler originally intended  I think previews would have easily been 30m+ and opening weekend 200m+

Edited by Reed121
  • Like 1

Verified Audience Score now sits at 94% with 1k+ votes (4.7 out of 5 Avg)

For comparison

Eternals (currently at 77%, landed a B on Cinemascore)

The Batman (currently at 87%, landed an A- on Cinemascore)

Multiverse of Madness (currently at 85%, landed a B+ on Cinemascore) PS: Ignore what I said about Eternals on that thread

Thor Love and Thunder (currently at 77%, landed a B+ on Cinemascore)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Verified Audience Score now sits at 94% with 1k+ votes (4.7 out of 5 Avg)

For comparison

Eternals (currently at 77%, landed a B on Cinemascore)

The Batman (currently at 87%, landed an A- on Cinemascore)

Multiverse of Madness (currently at 85%, landed a B+ on Cinemascore) PS: Ignore what I said about Eternals on that thread

Thor Love and Thunder (currently at 77%, landed a B+ on Cinemascore)

Black Adam was 89(or 90) and got a B+ I think as well. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. 

We still have a couple hours before the previews drop. Was curious to know what everybody got for trailers last night? My showing went like this:

M3gan (though it was only like a 45-second cut of the trailer)

John Wick 4

Knives Out 2 (kinda annoying that was in there, since that's only playing for a week and I wanted Creed or something idk idk)

Mario

Shazam 2 (I'm so done with this stupid trailer Four times in a row I've had to hear "I just threw a truck at a dragon. I love my life!". And that's not counting the 30 other times. Please WB, at least give us a new Shazam trailer. I can't take this anymore)

Ant-Man 3

7 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

We still have a couple hours before the previews drop. Was curious to know what everybody got for trailers last night? My showing went like this:

John Wick 4

Knives Out 2 (kinda annoying that was in there, since that's only playing for a week and I wanted Creed or something idk idk)

Mario

Shazam 2 (I'm so done with this stupid trailer Four times in a row I've had to hear "I just threw a truck at a dragon. I love my life!". And that's not counting the 30 other times. Please WB, at least give us a new Shazam trailer. I can't take this anymore)

Ant-Man 3

I'm always shocked by the amount of trailers you got. My local theatres play 1 to 3 trailers and that's all.

• Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

John Wick 4

Mario

Ant-Man 3

that's too many trailers.

• Like 1