Grebacio

Weekend Thread | Violent Night 1.1M in previews

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Premium Account (verifeid)-ation

Stop spreading gloom. Its locked to do $450M+. Possibly $475M.

high quality GIF

Ragnarok dropped 41% in the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend and made $9.9M. It went 3.4x that weekend for the rest of its run. 

WF is about to drop ~57-60%. Even 3.85x of that doesn’t make it to $450M and it would require 5.2x to reach $475M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

high quality GIF

Ragnarok dropped 41% in the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend and made $9.9M. It went 3.4x that weekend for the rest of its run. 

WF is about to drop ~57-60%. Even 3.85x of that doesn’t make it to $450M and it would require 5.2x to reach $475M.

Ragnarok Post-Thanksgiving weekend was inflated by an event called Infinity War trailer.

Xmas competition is very low for WF. It will be like 2nd biggest movie of the season till Puss come along vs Ragnarok was virtually finish when Xmas came.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Premium Account (verifeid)-ation

Stop spreading gloom. Its locked to do $450M+. Possibly $475M.

Locked? I see it falling as a rock after thanksgiving, i see it 430-440 M as much,,,

26 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Ragnarok Post-Thanksgiving weekend was inflated by an event called Infinity War trailer.

I think it will be better if we compare Ragnarok's 4th wknd to WF's 4th wknd. Rag did 37M more after doing 16.8M 4th weekend, so if WF follows Rag, it will do 42M after the 4th wknd of 19M, so the total box office would be ~437M if it follows Rag.

The first Fantastic Beasts is a better comparison. Exact same calendar configuration (except that it opened a week later), both it and BP2 made 45m on the Thanksgiving weekend, now they're looking at about the same drop afterwards. FB made 18m on this weekend and added another 51m, which would mean 445m for BP if it followed suit. 450+ is within reach, 460+ seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

The first Fantastic Beasts is a better comparison. Exact same calendar configuration (except that it opened a week later), both it and BP2 made 45m on the Thanksgiving weekend, now they're looking at about the same drop afterwards. FB made 18m on this weekend and added another 51m, which would mean 445m for BP if it followed suit. 450+ is within reach, 460+ seems unlikely.

Guess that's a good comparison, both head straight in to a 200m OW grosser for pre Christmas too. 

15 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Still see 430-440 though. CM only requires 3x this weekend. That's easy peasy

That's most likely. That isn't much past CM (I didn't say at or below CM).

I'll probably get another slap in the face from MODS for being consistently pessimistic, even though it's just stating facts lol.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

That's most likely. That isn't much past CM (I didn't say at or below CM).

I'll probably get another slap in the face from MODS for being consistently pessimistic, even though it's just stating facts lol.

The problem is not “stating facts” lol, the problem is your attitude.   

This repeated public whining about what was probably a single small warning ain’t helping.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Matinees should be quiet today with the US soccer game killing 10ams-1pm on the East Coast...so Saturday might be a touch lower than expected (although there's probably only about 5 people total who would see Violent Night in a matinee, since I see that as a "6pm or later" audience-going movie)...