Grebacio

Weekend Thread | Violent Night 1.1M in previews

2 hours ago, Eric Claus said:

RT Verified Score at this point in time:

Violent Night: 91%

Honestly better than I expected. I assumed we would have had a Bullet Train-style mid-80s score, so it could at least have a good second weekend hold before Avatar demolishes everything.

Yep, Violent Night is a nice little pleasant surprise. Hoping it legs it out nicely before it dies after Christmas.

Really enjoyed Violent Night. Exactly what I was hoping for. 

At first I was a little worried the violence wouldn’t “go there”, but it did. Some excellent gore. Plenty of laugh out loud moments too. 

That trailer for Cocaine Bear brought the house down btw. 😂😂

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2022/12/box-office-violent-night-wakanda-forever-1235187182/

FRIDAY AFTERNOON: Where’s a wide expansion of Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery when you need it? Expect a greater subtraction of dollars at this weekend’s office as the Rian Johnson directed whodunit goes dark until Dec. 23. Right now, Disney/Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is seeing a $4.7M-$5MFriday for a $17M-$19M fourth weekend No. 1 win at 3,855 theaters. Even if the movie hits the high end, it won’t cross $400M just yet — but it’s getting there. At least a $393M+ running total by Sunday. 

Universal’s Violent Night from 87North is currently hitting the middle of its projection with $11M after a $4.5M Friday at 3,682. The Rotten Tomatoes critics score simmered to 68% fresh, but the Thursday night crowd has it at a glowing 90% on the audience score side. Hopefully there’s a carryover of that yuletide cheer into tonight and tomorrow.

Third place is going to Disney’s Strange World at 4,174 locations with an estimated $1.2M Friday and second weekend of $4.8M-$5M, -58% for a running total of $25.6M at the high end. Still bad. Searchlight’s Menu is next with $1M in its third Friday and an estimated $3.4M third weekend, -38% and a running $24.5Mcume. Fifth goes to Sony/Black Label’s Devotion at 3,405 with a second Friday of $900K, and second weekend of $2.8M, -53% estimated for a running total of $13.7m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

It's an observation, not pessimism. Context matters in all things. 

I am all for your using your new special powers to warn yourself.  😂😂😂 It’s usually 2 points for trolling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i can't believe they made a biopic about the guy from tv guide and released it in theaters  

I used to read Ausiello's column, I thought the Smurf references were just a bit! 

Spoiler Alert probably would have done all right from 2016-2019, even as a weepy Valentine's season romance about the power of love, if the reviews weren't good enough for Oscar. Post 2020, it seems both too sad and also not progressive enough?