Cap

POLL!!! OMGOSH NEW REACTIONS?!?! :HEARTS EYES: :POOP: :LOLFACE: | Poll Results on Page 4

I know these are all faces, but to go with the "t2like.png", there should be another simple one:

❤️ 

No faces, no scene from a movie.  A simple  "❤️"

Basically for the DAWWWWWWW reaction we all want to give sometimes.

(can also double for extra special super duper thank you reactions)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 11
  • Astonished 6

On 12/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, Porthos said:

I know these are all faces, but to go with the "t2like.png", there should be another simple one:

❤️ 

No faces, no scene from a movie.  A simple  "❤️"

Basically for the DAWWWWWWW reaction we all want to give sometimes.

(can also double for extra special super duper thank you reactions)

Yeah we need a love "reaction", though instead of simple icons, may be movie faces have certain novelty.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah we need a love "reaction", though instead of simple icons, may be movie faces have certain novelty.

Well if you or someone can come up with a love icon that is a TV/movie shot and has a lot of support from the hoi poloi, I'd gladly cede the nom.  Problem is, I really can't think of many that fit the bill.  

There was the bugs bunny hearts eye suggestion from @poweranimals a couple of pages back, but I think that verged a bit too much into the lust/sexual side of the heart spectrum (which might be why it didn't get too much traction [yet]).  One nice thing about " ❤️ " is that it has a huge spectrum it can cover.

(also, I'll be honest, I was on this forum for years before I realized that the 👍 reaction was from T2 - given how small it is normally)

Still, more than open to suggestions on this.  Can even leave it as " ❤️ " until something appropriate is found.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

TIL

Yep.  It's a lot more blatant when it's blown up like so:  t2like.png

ref: 

59297-terminator2_576pyxurz.jpg

Was something of a :slaphead: moment for me when it came up in conversation at the time.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway given how subtle the thumbs up T2 gif is, if folks really do want to stick to the Board Theme (and as I said, I'm right there with them if one could be found), the one that comes to mind that might work is:

mv5bmtkyode4mzi3mf5bml5banbnxkftztcwmdm5

With it centered thusly:

s1scY5K.png

(cutting out the The Mask on the right hand side and the lamp on the left).

This strips away most of the inherent lust of the source scene while sticking to the movie/TV spirit of the rest of the icons.

Cut down it could look like this at enlarged size (obs a bit smaller but don't want to spend that much time on this): 

ZG3sZrh.png

And reaction sized:

qRvChSF.png

With maybe rotating it to make it more obvious it is a heart.

That's one of the few I think fits the " ❤️ " motif, is of the right size, is reasonably famous,  and doesn't have that much extra baggage, especially if The Mask bits are cut off on the side.

Might need some stylization work at the smallest reaction size so it is clear it is a heart, but this is perhaps the best bet when it comes to a Famous Movie/TV heart.

Edited by Porthos

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Anyway given how subtle the thumbs up T2 gif is, if folks really do want to stick to the Board Theme (and as I said, I'm right there with them if one could be found), the one that comes to mind that might work is:

mv5bmtkyode4mzi3mf5bml5banbnxkftztcwmdm5

With it centered thusly:

s1scY5K.png

(cutting out the The Mask on the right hand side and the lamp on the left).

This strips away most of the inherent lust of the source scene while sticking to the movie/TV spirit of the rest of the icons.

Cut down it could look like this at enlarged size (obs a bit smaller but don't want to spend that much time on this): 

ZG3sZrh.png

And reaction sized:

qRvChSF.png

With maybe rotating it to make it more obvious it is a heart.

That's one of the few I think fits the " ❤️ " motif, is of the right size, is reasonably famous,  and doesn't have that much extra baggage, especially if The Mask bits are cut off on the side.

Might need some stylization work at the smallest reaction size so it is clear it is a heart, but this is perhaps the best bet when it comes to a Famous Movie/TV heart.

Think the white won’t look good. I have been looking. I got some ideas. 

I just need to not open my Sims game, and open Photoshop.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:02 AM, Porthos said:

also, I'll be honest, I was on this forum for years before I realized that the 👍 reaction was from T2 - given how small it is normally

I … I thought it was …

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

you know what, it’s not important, but yeah, time for an update 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

We now have a 1501313298_BOTHeartcopy.png reaction, and...

09e.gif

is all I have to say.

(admittedly, I'm a little biased as I helped in the background a tad)

The heart of the ocean! It’s beautiful. Really love this addition.

Peace,

Mike

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

The heart of the ocean! It’s beautiful. Really love this addition.

Peace,

Mike

All thanks go to Cap for her brilliant inspiration there as she was the one who realized that having a symmetry between a Cameron "t2like.png" and Cameron "1501313298_BOTHeartcopy.png" was too much to pass up.

Fitting salute for a Box Office Site, when it comes right down to it, IMO.

• Heart 3