Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

The number of babies named Lionel will skyrocket in the upcoming weeks and months and come to an absurd peak 9 months from now. Good for them.

I've already filed a motion to legally change my child's name to Lionel...

Spoiler

I hope she likes it! 

• Haha 6

A virus had stretched an already depleted squad, with three players missing the semi-final against Morocco and at least two others affected in the subsequent days. All involved were passed fit for the match on Sunday but Deschamps highlighted a flatness that noticeably dogged his team for much of the game.

“The whole squad has been facing a tricky situation for a while now,” he said. “Maybe that had a physical or psychological impact. But I had no concerns about the players who started the match: they were 100% fit.

A ‘virus’, huh. Look, this doesn’t take anything away from Argentina, but I completely believe that COVID has ran rampant during this World Cup. Not just with France’s team mind you, the ‘mysterious virus’ affect Brazil’s team too. Even if I’m very confident that we will have COVID under control in the upcoming years, but COVID is no joke even if you are a top level athlete. The lack of testing and completely ignoring the issue during this World Cup was total bullshit and I do expect and hope that the North America’s World Cup will deal with that radically differently. 

• Like 2

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Just now, AJG said:     

Let England win a World Cup. We’ll burn down cities.         

Stop begging and learn to play the sport. We learned so much that we became arrogant with it. Look at Croatia. If they can play whatever what they call football and get a 2nd and 3rd place back to back, so can you.

Okay here is my prediction: USA will win an World Cup before England wins another one. Mark my words. It will become a full blown meme. 

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I've officially decided to become a football fan. Give me suggestions of which club I should adopt. I'm thinking maybe Bayern Munich....

Real Madrid. Best team right now, great history and will be on top forever because it's run by a very competent man

18 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

A ‘virus’, huh. Look, this doesn’t take anything away from Argentina, but I completely believe that COVID has ran rampant during this World Cup. Not just with France’s team mind you, the ‘mysterious virus’ affect Brazil’s team too. Even if I’m very confident that we will have COVID under control in the upcoming years, but COVID is no joke even if you are a top level athlete. The lack of testing and completely ignoring the issue during this World Cup was total bullshit and I do expect and hope that the North America’s World Cup will deal with that radically differently. 

There's always an excuse when you lose. Everyone does this.

1 minute ago, Flamengo81 said:

Bad name because of what? Because our biggest rival is winning a World Cup and I am not liking it? Lol

They don’t even see us as their biggest rival, they see Uruguai. We aren’t Grêmio my dude. Your home team Flamengo deserves than that. Our actual current true rivals in football are Germany and to a less extent, France. Argentina usually grows at World Cup but always lose to us at Copa America. Inter doesn’t see Grêmio as their biggest nemesis, we see them as the team we make fun of, it’s sort of like saying Fluminense is Flamengo’s biggest rival today when clearly isn’t. Never go full Grêmio.

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

They don’t even see us as their biggest rival, they see Uruguai. We aren’t Grêmio my dude. Your home team Flamengo deserves than that. Our actual current true rivals in football are Germany and to a less extent, France. Argentina usually grows at World Cup but always lose to us at Copa America. Inter doesn’t see Grêmio as their biggest nemesis, we see them as the team we make fun of, it’s sort of like saying Fluminense is Flamengo’s biggest rival today when clearly isn’t. Never go full Grêmio.

They DEFINITELY see us as their biggest rival, this Uruguay story is complete BS. My father lived in Argentina for 6 years (is also married to an argentinean woman) and I saw with my own eyes how much they root against us, which is completely understandable and is an integral part of rivalry in football and why is so great. Germany and all the other teams are secundary rivals and have nowhere near the same animosity with have with Argentineans in football, it's just the way it is. 

Edited by Flamengo81

42 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Man United is only worthwhile for the scenes in Eurotrip that involve Vinnie Jones. Beyond that, garbage team, and give us back Sancho you thieving whores! 

The team has gone down since Fergie left but they are still one of the biggest team in the world and has been playing well past couple of seasons. And I will take MU over corrupt oil money clubs like Chelsea and Man City and their plastic fans

33 minutes ago, Heretic said:

unreal scenes, what a night they will have 

Argentina fans already celebrating in the night here in India. All after midnight

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Also... com'on. Inter does not see Grêmio as their biggest nemesis? You know damn well this is the furtest away from the truth as possible.

1 minute ago, Flamengo81 said:

Also... com'on. Inter does not see Grêmio as their biggest nemesis? You know damn well this is the furtest away from the truth as possible.

I don’t see it. São Paulo is our biggest nemesis for a while now. Hell, lately even Flamengo.

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t see it. São Paulo is our biggest nemesis for a while now. Hell, lately even Flamengo.

You definitely has the right to have your personal biggest nemesis as a fan, but the fact is that 99% of Inter fans sees Grêmio as the biggest rival of Inter. GreNal is probably the fiercest derby in Brazil and that is pretty common place. 

34 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Stop begging and learn to play the sport. We learned so much that we became arrogant with it. Look at Croatia. If they can play whatever what they call football and get a 2nd and 3rd place back to back, so can you.

Okay here is my prediction: USA will win a World Cup before England wins another one. Mark my words. It will become a full blown meme. 

And soccer is like barely a top 5 sport in the U.S.