Eric S'ennui

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

Do we have any idea on how avatar 1 played in the different income brackets?

It might sound stupid, but today I went to the poor (and well populated) part of town and I had a hard time picturing the people that lived there caring about avatar, and im not only talking about prices

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, GipJo said:

I'm wondering how he could sale Avatar 3 at this point. "Come see the beautifully CGIed water world'', to "come see the beautifully CGIed sky world", it would get old real quick.

Agreed.

For better or worse, they just need to lean in to the story and characters. People are well aware at this point that these movies look amazing. If they aren't buying the story and characters, well, the studio tried.

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

It might sound stupid, but today I went to the poor (and well populated) part of town and I had a hard time picturing the people that lived there caring about avatar, and im not only talking about prices

In US only?

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Divergent says hi!

I mean, Avatar is far from my top Cameron films, either of the two. But there is absolutely no way that they don’t move forward. Both Disney and Cameron have too much of s vested interested on this. Maybe the sequels or potential spin offs won’t be directed by him, and maybe that’s actually a good thing.

22 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

In China, Avatar 2 does poorly in smaller cities.

For example, on the OD, it has a breakdown like this:

First tier city: 27.2%

Second tier city: 40.3%

Third tier city: 12.9%

Fourth tier city: 16.2%

Compare it to JWD:

First tier city: 12.8%

Second tier city: 46.9%

Third tier city: 16.9%

Fourth tier city: 23.4%

If you compare it to 2D films the difference is very clear. That's why on Weibo the most occurring trending topic about Avatar is how expensive Its ticket is.

• Like 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Have I ever joked? do you think I am @Noctis 

I have Charlie on Telegram

I mean if it was me or literally anyone here I’d swear it’s an work. If it was any of the mods and maybe if it was even Shawn I’d think it’s a joke. WTF.

I thought the winter storm would start later this week.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

I think all of them will be made. The question is when and if Cameron will be the one directing them. Too much is at stake for them to let go, both for Disney and Cameron.

Yeah i mean Cameron was already given the money to make them years ago, and he's already shot part of 4, and the finale to 5 (according to Stephen Lang). the very least would be Disney using 4 and 5 to promote Disney Plus.

Having said that, people are acting like A2 has just finished its run with 500mil WW total, and not the 1.5-2bil its going to make lol.

I mean there is a VERY good chance it beats TGM for the biggest film of the year WW.

A3 shouldnt have the various factors that are against A2 currently, and i expect A3 to match or even better A2 because of that.

Honestly guys, go get some air.

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I mean if it was me or literally anyone here I’d swear it’s an work. If it was any of the mods and maybe if it was even Shawn I’d think it’s a joke. WTF.

I thought the winter storm would start later this week.

Wait you would think mods would be lying and regular people won't be joking around. You mean you would believe noctis over shawn??????

And yes check news article, it is starting already. Midwest and Northwest getting affected. Great Lakes region and NE will be later this week. 

• Haha 4