Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Also i have heard @Cap's cry for help and i hereby declare that you are all only allowed to discuss four movie franchises in this thread: Avatar, Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Godzilla.

Talking - or even worse, ranking - other franchises, especially one certain MCU, will result in a complete and utter thread banishment which i totally have the power to do since im secretly a mod

barack obama president GIF

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

hey MCU has dinosaurs
doctor-strange-savage-land.png

Savage Land 🥺 

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Btw ive somehow totally missed that @XXR Also in Boots and @Inceptionzq are new mods (i must have been blind lol) and since i cant post in the announcement thread anymore it seems, id like to congratulate both as well, i think they're excellent choices!

THEY ARE! We like those quite a lot. 

11 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It seems weird for someone whose expectations for this movie have not been met yet to tell us we are the ones coping lol

Aw, hey! Let them go through their five stages of grief. As someone who has been there/done that/literally has the T-shirt, I know that it takes a little bit of time to get to acceptance!!

I think the important thing is just be there for them in their times of need! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I feel 600-650mil now

That would be totally fine, id be very happy if the movie can gain enough momentum to develop strong enough legs for that and ...

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

with an outside chance at 700mil

No. Impossible.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Sure but I would like to know what everyone's personal bar for that is.

Tues is +2M from Mon, so Wed should logically be 20M. Less is meltdownpalooza

Edited by Korra Legion
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That would be totally fine, id be very happy if the movie can gain enough momentum to develop strong enough legs for that and ...

No. Impossible.

Dont get me wrong, some of the negativity around here has rubbed off on me, and i would def take 600mil domestic now.

Partly because i feel a 25/75 domestic/internation split could very well happen, 30/70 tops, which would mean around or over 2bil WW.

Just want to say, now that we have a real number that looks good in comparison to the ones floated last night, it’s really just … fine. Typically, films that preform better on Sat & Sun tend to have better Tuesdays (see most recently BPWF) due to a similar audience composition 

I’m expecting a drop for Wed, though more schools getting out yesterday or today will soften it. RO’s -15% seems like as good a place as any to set the bar, won’t be surprised with -10%, and anything better than that is a good result 

Edited by M37
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

So what are people's expectations for Wednesday?

IMO Wednesday hold is the key indicator to long run. TGM show leggy run after the Wednesday breakout. EEAAO also show stubborn low Wednesday drop. Similar to Smile's first Wednesday before its surprise 2nd weekend hold.