Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

is 500m domestic still a lock for Avatar 2?

The film is probably going to be in the 400-440mil range by the end of New Years weekend (assuming the cold snap is short lived).

So it may not be 'locked' but it would have to drop off a cliff after New years to not hit 500mil imo.

Just now, Alex SciChannel said:

This result is very disappointing for me for PiB. I saw it at an early screening in November and it's one of Dreamwork's best. I heard those screenings did very well and were very well received. How the hell was word of mouth not a large driving force for this movie. I'm just sad

It’s the holiday’s season family film. I mean it could still do better eventually. 

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Miles Morales also had one of the best selling PS5 video games and one of the most viewed trailers for 2023 movies.

At this point only boomers don't know about him.

Wasn't that just the Peter Parker SM game with Miles tacked on as DLC? I remember people being annoyed that it was basically the same game

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Wasn't that just the Peter Parker SM game with Miles tacked on as DLC? I remember people being annoyed that it was basically the same game

It's the same map but only Miles is playable, it's like a 1.5. I liked it more than the first spidey game, Miles is way more interesting and the story was nice and tight. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I think calling a DLC is so disrespectful. It’s as much as a sequel as God of War: Ragnarok. Having the same map doesn’t mean that it’s the same game. Both are set in NY, and the difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions are quite noticeable.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I think calling a DLC is so disrespectful. It’s as much as a sequel as God of War: Ragnarok. Having the same map doesn’t mean that it’s the same game. Both are set in NY, and the difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions are quite noticeable.

Now let's not get crazy here.  It's definitely more along the lines of something like Lost Legacy than Ragnarok.

Just now, Deep Wang said:

Now let's not get crazy here.  It's definitely more along the lines of something like Lost Legacy than Ragnarok.

I disagree. Lost Legacy was still very much a PS4 game. While Miles is cross platform, it looks significantly better on the PS5 / an actual good pc. They did upgrade and remastered the first game, but the difference with the OG game are quite noticeable.

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

i adored the MM game on PS5 when it launched. Brilliant game. Better than the first one, although shorter. Wasn’t a problem for me. Slick and fun as anything out there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I disagree. Lost Legacy was still very much a PS4 game. While Miles is cross platform, it looks significantly better on the PS5 / an actual good pc. They did upgrade and remastered the first game, but the difference with the OG game are quite noticeable.

No, I mean comparing it to Ragnarok as a fully fleshed out game as opposed to smaller and more focused experience.  I know it looks incredible on PS5 lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theghostofmarv said:

Doing the math in my head they're down about 18% and 19% from Tuesday compared to Avatar's 22%. Not really a notable difference. 

That’s not how I’d read it, if it holds with the actuals it barely fell from last Wednesday.

• Like 1