Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait, the 40.8 number is a joke correct? I am trying to report it to users who aren't on the board right now and I literally cannot tell at this point.

40.8 is correct number only it's in Canadian dollars instead of USD ;)

On 11/23/2022 at 3:20 AM, Porthos said:

You know, I think I realized in the last couple of days what would be THE single most irritating result for A2 domestically.  At least for me.

Something like, oh I dunno, 135/775 or 140/800.

Low enough in both OW and total as to not reach the expectations of the most fervent fans.

High DOM total, but not high enough to resolve what the overall ceiling of the franchise is currently.

Strong enough legs to all but ensure that we get TWO MORE YEARS OF THE ***EXACT SAME DISCUSSIONS*** as we've had the LAST ELEVEN YEARS with nary a resolution in sight.

*remembers he has this penciled in around 725-750 DOM total, but without a clue as to how it gets there*

That's exactly what's gonna happen, isn't it? :whosad:

Cassandra-640x506.png

Do triple reverse jinxes work????

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait, the 40.8 number is a joke correct? I am trying to report it to users who aren't on the board right now and I literally cannot tell at this point.

Issa joke. 40.8M is 30M in Canadian dollars, and the joke is that Daddy Cameron is Canadian. So tell your friends it's 30M

Just now, Porthos said:

Cassandra-640x506.png

If it legs it out to 750 million plus from 134 then that means the legs were amazing (great WOM) and the avatar franchise finds itself in a very great spot on the way to avatar 3, which can open much bigger and possibly reach bigger heights

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

If it legs it out to 750 million plus from 134 then that means the legs were amazing (great WOM) and the avatar franchise finds itself in a very great spot on the way to avatar 3, which can open much bigger and possibly reach bigger heights

Oh, I don't think it's happening (as my stealth comment in the post implies, I'm memeing), but I know of at least one poster on this board who, at the time at least, considered that to be, and I quote:

On 11/23/2022 at 3:22 AM, IronJimbo said:

absolutely not, those are some weak legs. Remember this will be more groundbreaking than the first movie

Mind, I tend to think now it would be seen as very good legs, so I stand by my Cassandra Commentary should that (IMO unlikely) situation come to pass.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oh, I don't think it's happening (as my stealth comment in the post implies, I'm memeing), but I know of at least one poster on this board who, at the time at least, considered that to be, and I quote:

Mind, I tend to think now it would be seen as very good legs, so I stand by my Cassandra Commentary should that (IMO very unlikely) situation come to pass.

that was a very very stealthy comment btw

• Thanks 1

And keep in mind that, while the storm is gone, it was still pretty cold in big parts of the US on the 25th, with a lot of snow and still windy weather, so I wouldn't rule out some more rebound effect on the coming weekdays when winter weather goes back to "normal". 

30 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don’t look now, but if it followed RO daily holds through next Monday it would be at $470m+… 

This is why you don't extrapolate off of single days.

Also not sure how you're getting $470m+ in the first place. Following Rogue One's holds off of a $30m Christmas would put it at $441.8m through next Monday; off of a $32m Christmas, $455.8m.

You're not going to be able to extrapolate any higher than that using any other day or period because a $30m+ Christmas Day marks the biggest percentage increase over Rogue One that we've seen so far in Avatar 2's run.

Edited by hw64
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don’t look now, but if it followed RO daily holds through next Monday it would be at $470m+… 

Looks a bit unlikely for A2 to follow RO-pattern for Monday.

On the other hand: King Kong did it in 2005 after a 94% increase on CD.

Sherlock Holmes 2 "only" jumped 12,5% in 2011 after a huge 146% jump on CD. 

With Avatar right in the middle of these 2 for CD, a 20% jump on the 26th would be huge afte a $30m CD. Everything above that would actually be mindblowing. 

Just now, Cheddar Please said:

All I can say is that my $67m weekend prediction was looking pretty toast on Friday, but I'm glad I stuck to it!

Reveal hidden contents

gimme a top 10 finish, and despite what my initial predictions were, I wont complain