Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It's the overkill jokes for me. Waititi needs to stop doing those.

Actually that would have been fine too if the character acted serious for some time. It's like almost every time something serious happens , it feels like someone is going to crack a joke. Ragnarok balances things very well. I believe not having Loki also affectes the film in some way. 

Edited by Nero
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Stuart no need to defend our A2 isn't done while us fans out there are breathing

Let's rejoice!!. 

Especially if it's starts to look like beyond Avatar domestic Run.

What's funny is folks were predicting No chance at Nwh and Ds2 over Avatar.

Or black adam will be the bigger lol. While we all stayed consistent we will hit 2b. Now with os territories super performing making up for Japan(.which is bouncing back) And China looking to provide 200-250m. That 2.3-2.5b+ looking very very doable.

So us Avatar believers definitely came out better than some of the predicts we seen here an on the web. Black Adam and Ds2 over Avatar2 always gave me a chuckle tho.

Meanwhile those saying no chance at Maverick domestically or WW

Time is almost 

..... Top Gun Maverick Motorcycle GIF by Top Gun

For the last time lol, nobody was saying Black Adam over Avatar. No one on this site at least. Perhaps some crazy DC fan on Facebook or whatever said something like “BA will be the biggest movie of the year.” But you’re taking something that nobody ever said and trying to use it to shape your narrative, which is honestly kind of sad since the movie is doing well enough that you shouldn’t need to do that.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

Actually that would have been fine too if the character acted serious for some time. It's like almost every time something serious happens , it feels like someone is going to crack a joke. Ragnarok balances things very well. I believe not having Loki also affectes the film in some way. 

I just want a more serious approach in movie 5. Jokes are fine, but not too much.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I like this 29.5m but this is more like correction to storm effect than a real amazing run. We still need few more days to see how high can A2 soar. 

Even then, the "storm correction" benifit for Sunday still comes mostly from FRI and SAT losses. Its still money that A2 would have made within the weekend in normal conditions. That means that the 3 day weekend gross we got (64m) would have been the floor if there wasnt a storm around (since obviously the storm was a net negative for the entire 3 day weekend by an unknown degree)

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Puss in Boots may end up with a some what solid gross in the end.

Not a complete disaster like it was looking a few days ago.

Puss will surely leg out to a healthy number and make money WW. But i think everyone hoped for more