Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

25 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

That is a heartbreaking number for Mon considering Sun. 

Don't make me tap the sign:

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Not to put on my Multiplier Skeptic Hat (as it's only tangentially related), but this is the danger in just blindly plugging in numbers into a preset formula/expectations without taking context/extenuating circumstances into account. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They also have potential to grow with future movies. 

I don’t know about that. Avatar hit its peak with the first movie, and I think each successive movie will make less, DOM. OS will depend on the exchange rate obviously. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Avatar prob reached it´s peak on the first one but I def can see the next ones staying around 1,5B-2B rather then dropping movie by movie.

I see A3 dropping 30% outside of China, it's not going to feel like an event the way this one is with the 13 year wait after the biggest movie ever. China could make some of that back though.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, lab276 said:

I don’t know about that. Avatar hit its peak with the first movie, and I think each successive movie will make less, DOM. OS will depend on the exchange rate obviously. 

I disagree. Storms and overall job, pandemic and  money woes hurt all the movie's. I think in a better year with and decent weather A2 would have gotten both crowns again Red.

.OS as long as quality is there, this franchise internationally is unbeatable. 

Also the best part of the story is in 3. Should be interesting to see what A3 makes. Obviously the break hurt a bit too. Rem 13 yrs my brother. This film has.ignited the Pandora fire again my brother, so a James Cameron sequel increase is likely. I'm just happy after 13 years Cameron still has it and we just have to wait 2 yrs for part 3.

OT: Since it's still a Disney domination weekend - So, I have one Phase 4 movie left - Wakanda Forever - and damn, I can say the whole phase of theatrical movies outside Spidey has been a let down.

I just watched Dr Strange 2.  In good news, it's definitely better than the last 2 Phase 4 movies I've watched - Thor 4 and Eternals.  In bad news, it's still not good.

I appreciate that it wanted to have a comic book feel.  I appreciate its speed and brevity - it did not overstay its welcome.  I even appreciate some of the plot.

BUT, when you have a continuity that comes before, you:

a. can't just ignore it

b. can't just assume GA know it

c. can't grossly contradict it

And the movie does all 3.  And I hated Wanda's arc.  And I didn't love America's arc.  And I really didn't like the ending.  Wanda beating Wanda, when I'm a Wanda fan, is the most unsatisfying way for the movie to end.  And none of the arc of "trying to convince her" made sense - when you've murdered so many young in cold blood, what's one more?  

So, it gets a C+.  It was gonna be a B- til the end, but them's the breaks.  Not bad, but still decidedly mediocre.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

OT: Since it's still a Disney domination weekend - So, I have one Phase 4 movie left - Wakanda Forever - and damn, I can say the whole phase of theatrical movies outside Spidey has been a let down.

I just watched Dr Strange 2.  In good news, it's definitely better than the last 2 Phase 4 movies I've watched - Thor 4 and Eternals.  In bad news, it's still not good.

I appreciate that it wanted to have a comic book feel.  I appreciate its speed and brevity - it did not overstay its welcome.  I even appreciate some of the plot.

BUT, when you have a continuity that comes before, you:

a. can't just ignore it

b. can't just assume GA know it

c. can't grossly contradict it

And the movie does all 3.  And I hated Wanda's arc.  And I didn't love America's arc.  And I really didn't like the ending.  Wanda beating Wanda, when I'm a Wanda fan, is the most unsatisfying way for the movie to end.  And none of the arc of "trying to convince her" made sense - when you've murdered so many young in cold blood, what's one more?  

So, it gets a C+.  It was gonna be a B- til the end, but them's the breaks.  Not bad, but still decidedly mediocre.

Shang-Chi was one of the best solo MCU movies imo

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Danhjpn said:

That is a heartbreaking number for Mon considering Sun. 

If only

somebody

could have warned you

17 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

This thread has big Tuesday energy right now imo. Let’s see where we are in 24 hours.

11 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

4day will be 91-96